Fifth Year 1975

Chapter Thirty Three

October brought with it not only the cold breeze and autumn leaves, but also Halloween, along with the annual Ravenclaw halloween party. Despite popular belief , Ravenclaw's Halloween parties had a history of being wild and memorable. Every first year who heard of the tradition longed for the day they would finally be able to attend. It was an invite only party for every fifth year and above, and so this year would be my first.

Like every other morning I made my way to the Gryffindor table to join the boys for breakfast and tell them about the party. As I was sitting down I heard Remus asking. "Where were you two last night?" He said with a raised eyebrow. James and Sirius only looked at each other grinning. "Oh come on, out with it." Peter exclaimed. "Shall I tell them Padfoot, or would you like the honours?" James asked. "I think I'll leave it to you Prongs."

There were a few seconds of silence before he spoke. "Well then, Padfoot and I went out for a drink." "To the kitchens?" Peter asked, puzzled. "No, we went OUT out for a drink." Sirius emphasised the word out. Remus scoffed. "Yeah right. The only way you two would have done that was if..." Remus stopped mid sentence, realisation setting on his face. "Bloody hell." "What?" Peter asked. Remus turned to look at him. "They snuck out."

"What?!" I exclaimed, a few eyes turned to look at us. I lowered my head and whispered for only them to hear. "This is terrible. I can't believe it, how could you?" James and Sirius were confused by my statement, I was never one to cower away from breaking the rules. Before they could question my words, I kept talking. "How could you sneak out for the first time without me?" I asked with fake hurt lacing my voice. "We're sorry Paws, it wasn't exactly planned. Next time we will take you with us." Sirius said, and Peter faked a cough. Sirius turned to look at him. "You too, Wormy."

"No absolutely not, there will be no next time." Remus said in his best stern voice. We all looked at each other before bursting out in laughter. "You don't even believe it yourself, Moony." Peter said. Remus smiled and shook his head. "And don't think we won't be using your prefect privileges to have a higher success rate." I added. Remus rolled his eyes. "There really is no hope for all of you." We finished our breakfast and made our way to class. As we were leaving the Grand Hall I turned on my heels to look at the boys. "Oh before I forget. You're all invited to my house's Halloween party on Friday." I told them. They all grinned and high-fived each other. "Fucking finally." Sirius exclaimed.

When I made it to potions class, I saw Alice already waiting and saving a seat for me. As I sat down she asked. "So did you tell the lads about Friday's party?" "Of course I did." I said as I pulled out some parchment and a quill from my bag. When I sat back up she asked again. "And did you ask Amos?"

Before I could answer her Professor Slughorn walked in and started with the lesson. About half way through I heard Alice ask again. "So did you?" "Did I what?" I replied, and she rolled her eyes. "Asked Amos?" I stopped stirring my potion. "Oh, that." I turned back to my cauldron. "I haven't." "Why?" I sighed and turned to look at Alice once more.

"Because- I don't know. I guess I'm scared." Alice stifled a laugh. "Prim Evans is scared to ask out a boy?" I shrugged my shoulders. "Oh for the love of Merlin's pointy hat Prim. I've seen you ask Professor Dumbledore to marry you in front of a full room." "That's different, it was a dare." I hissed under my breath. "So? How hard can it be to just walk up straight to him and say: Hello Amos. I've been meaning to ask you something, but your cute face makes me nervous about what your answer may be, and..." Her tone was getting louder and I had to stop her before she said anything else.

I put my hand on her mouth. "Shhh! Alright bloody hell Alice I'll ask him at lunch. Just please stop talking before the elves down in the kitchens hear you." But it was already too late, some Hufflepuffs behind us had heard everything and gossip travelled faster than lighting in this school.