Fourth Year 1974

Chapter Twenty

Summer as always had been very dull, though this time it was not only Petunia who I was arguing with most of the time, but Lily also.

I love Lily, I really do, and I'm so happy she has her own friends, but Snape will always give me an eerie feeling I can't completely describe. At first it was easy to ignore him, but lately he seemed obsessed with Lily, and not only her but also every dark thing there was about magic.

Despite Petunia being mean most of the time, this was the one thing we agreed on. She told me one day she overheard Snape tell Lily about the prison guards in Azkaban, Dementors. When I asked Remus about them he had no problem telling me, but it did make me wonder why the bloody hell was Snivellus talking to Lily about that. I always knew he was kind of weird, but I never knew just how much weirder he could get.

When I asked Lily if she ever found his behaviour strange she would only shake her head and said. "There's nothing odd about him, he's just different." She brushed me off or tried to change the topic every time I tried to talk to her about it, until I eventually gave up. In time she'll see it too, I hope.

****

Another summer passed, a new year at Hogwarts. Since Lily and I weren't on speaking terms as soon as we arrived at the station we each went our separate ways. Thankfully Remus arrived minutes later after I did, so when I found him we walked together towards the train.

I stopped dead in my tracks at what I saw. Remus turned to look at me. "Prim?" He then turned to glance at where I was looking and a smirk formed on his face. A few metres away stood a very handsome and very 'rebel' looking Sirius Black. His hair had grown longer reaching just beneath his ears, instead of his usual suits and fancy clothes he was wearing jeans, a black leather jacket and white converse. He was laughing at something James had said. If I first thought I had a tiny tinsy little crush on him, after this it was a full blown head over heels one.

"Close your mouth Prim, you're starting to drool." Remus said amused, nudging my arm, and that shook me out of my daze. "Oh shut up." I said, pushing him slightly while he laughed. The rest of our friends spotted us and James started yelling. "Moony! Paws!" It was obvious that it had not only been me who had noticed Sirius's change of looks. As James, Peter and him walked over to us, almost every girl, and a few boys, stopped to turn and look at him. 

As soon as they were close James gave his characteristically mamma bear hug. "Prim, how are you? We've been apart for so long." I laughed at his antics. "Hello to you too James." He turned to say hello to Remus and I to Peter. "Pete! How are you, how was your summer?" "It was fine, oh thank you for the birthday gift." "You're welcome. I hope you liked it." He grinned at me. "I did."

Now the time I had been dreading. I swear to god that stupid handsome smile never seems to leave his face. "I thought you were going to forget about me." He said giving me a hug. He definitely had gotten taller so I was more like hugging his chest. "Hello Sirius." After all of us said our hellos we started making our way inside the train and in no time we settled in a compartment near the back.

This time I didn't refuse Remus's help to put away my trunk over our heads. We all took our seats, me between Remus and James and Peter and Sirius on the other side. "Sirius, what did you do all summer? You didn't write once." Thankfully James was the one to ask. He laughed before he answered. "My mother decided to take away my owl after I redecorated my room." "What did you do?" This time Peter asked. "I decided it was fitting to show some house pride, oh and my cousin Andy sent me some muggle magazines so I decided to use a permanent sticking charm to stick some muggle band posters on my walls. Oh and I decided to have a wardrobe change." He grinned proudly, although he would never utter a word about the curses and beatings his mother had given him for it.

"You look like you stepped out of a Queen concert." Three boys turned to give me confused glances. "You mean the one who rules England?" Peter said bewildered. "Oh my Merlin, you don't know who Queen is?" "Are we supposed to?" Asked Sirius. "Muggle studies at Hogwarts is useless, as soon as we arrive I'm asking my parents to send me my record player, and then I'll give you a proper muggle class." Remus just grinned amused at the scene of three confused boys and one determined girl.

****

After a long night of chatting up with Alice, the next day I woke up ready for breakfast. We got dressed and made our way to the Great Hall chatting about everything and nothing at the same time. Alice had told me about a Hufflepuff boy she had met back on the train which she found really cute, his name is Frank.

We arrived and sat down at our house table when I saw the boys. I waved at them. As we ate breakfast I wrote a letter to my parents asking for the record player and some of my favourite vinyls. "Merlin I feel like time is passing rather fast, it feels like it was just yesterday when we started our first year." Alice said with a nostalgic look. "Soon we'll have boyfriends, and then get married and then have children.." I looked at her, she had a dreamy look on her face. "Oh dear Alice just because you have a crush doesn't mean time will fly any faster." Her cheeks instantly turned red. "I don't know what you're talking about?" I smirked. "Oh really so the word 'Frank' doesn't ring a bell?" She pushed me, a little harder than intended, and I fell off the bench.

"Oi, that's not fair." I stood up and sat back down. "As if you don't have a crush either." "I don't." My words were firm, but the blush in my cheeks gave me away. "Oh you do have a crush." She exclaimed happily. "Who is it?" I stayed silent for a few seconds before I told her. "Sirius." She squealed and a few faces turned to look at us. "Oh Merlin this is the perfect love story, friends into lovers." I choked on my drink and spat it out. "Okay slow down Alice, I'm sure it will go away eventually, besides I don't think he'll ever see me that way."

The rest of the day in every class we shared, Alice was set on planning her dream wedding, and life with her dream guy, then asking me what I pictured my life like. When classes were over I said goodbye to her to spend some time with the boys.

I arrived at our tree, where the boys were already sitting. I sat down and took off my shoes and robe. "Hello boys." "Great since you're here we can start planning our first prank of the year." James said getting all business mode. "But first what were you and Alice talking about that made you fall off your seat. Perhaps my good looks?" I rolled my eyes. "Not everything revolves around you Padfoot, and it's none of your business, girl talk." "You wound me." He said faking hurt, placing a hand over his heart. "Oi you two stop it this is serious." James always planned every prank to the last detail. "We know he is Sirius James, we're talking about the prank not our friend." Peter said grinning, earning a shove from James.

"I got it!" Sirius exclaimed, interrupting the silence that had settled. "We should turn Professor's Slughorn classroom door into a portkey anywhere in the castle." "This doesn't have anything to do with finding a way of not doing the potions test tomorrow?" Remus asked him. "Nonsense Moony. Why would I want to do that? I'm an excellent student." We all laughed at his statement, even Sirius knew that while he in fact was pretty smart, he never put much effort in school.

Said and done the next day nobody could enter potions class the whole day, for as anyone who touched the door was suddenly transported into some other part of the castle, preferably on the other side, far away from the classroom. The first victim was of course Professor Slughorn, and Sirius successfully found a way out of presenting the test. Best part out of all of it was while professors were trying to figure out how it happened, no one ever knew it was us, not even Minnie.

A/N

Please vote, comment, and tell me what you think.

Stay tuned messer and don't forget the mischief is not yet managed.