Sixth Year 1976

Chapter Forty Seven

"I SWEAR it wasn't me!" I was snapped out of my half asleep daze by the loud ruckus. "You ate it last time!" Another loud voice, this one sounding very angry. "Or was it you?" The voices sound familiar. "Fuck no! I don't have a death wish!" That was James. Just then three very scared looking boys ran into the Great Hall, heading straight to where I was seated and moved my shoulders sideways to take shelter behind me. "It's only been two days since we came back. What did you do?" I asked, looking over my shoulder at them as a very angry Remus Lupin walked in. "Full moon is in less than a week and Moony's chocolate stash is empty!" Peter whispered, clearly in distress. "He thinks I ate it." I gave Sirius a questioning look. "Well did you?" I asked, remembering the last time something like this happened. "Fuck no I learned my lesson the last time." Remus stood in front of me, a deep frown etched to his face with a murderous look. "Do something, he might kill us!" James squeaked.

Reaching into my bag I pulled out a chocolate bar, Remus's eyes instantly zeroing in on it. "Now before I give you this, are you sure you just didn't forget to restock before we left home?" He let out a series of mumbles I couldn't quite understand. "What was that?" I asked. "I might've." Remus admitted. "Well then Moony it's not very nice to threaten the lads this early in the morning and ruin my rather peaceful breakfast. Is it?" I asked, giving him the chocolate.

He all but snatched it right out of my hand, mumbling something that sounded like an apology, and sat down with an angry pout and a huff to eat his breakfast, the rest of them following. "What the bloody hell was that?" Alice, who was sitting across from me and had witnessed all of it looked utterly confused. "Remus is quite snappy when it comes to his favourite treat. It's best not to mess with him and his one true love; chocolate." She gave me a nod, still not fully comprehending what all the fuss was about, but thought it was best not to ask.

When breakfast was over Remus seemed to have calmed down a little, and wasn't on a rampant killing rage anymore. Taking my bag I stood up. "Well we better leave for Transfiguration before we're late and Minnie gives us detention just for kicks." I told everyone. Grumbling, the four boys stood up as we all walked to the transfiguration classroom.

When we arrived McGonagall was, like always, already waiting for everyone. We made it just in time. "Welcome back everyone." McGonagall addressed the class. "As you all know each of you have advanced into N.E.W.T level classes. Keep in mind these are to prepare you for whatever career path you chose. As you may have noticed this year's schedule has a lot of free periods, but don't be fooled as this free time is meant for homework and to study since your exams can question everything from the simplest things to more complicated topics." She said sternly. "Like for example what is the difference between a werewolf and an animagus?"

A hand shot through the air. "Yes Ms. Evans." "An animagus can turn at will whereas a werewolf can't." Lily answered proudly. "Very good Ms. Evans. Anyone else?" McGonagall addressed the rest of the class. Everyone looked surprised when Sirius raised his hand just like Lily. Minnie looked at him curiously before giving him the word. "Mr. Black."

"An animagus has better hair." Sirius answered grinning. Just then Remus raised his hand as well. "Werewolves are taller." He answered. "Generally speaking." He added, smirking. Sirius's hand was up in the air again. "WELL animagi have better bodies!" He retorted. From the desk next to us James raises hand. "I second that and I also second that they have better hair." Remus raised his hand again, though clearly they would continue their banter with or without being called upon. "Well werewolves don't have the time or energy to style their hair for 20 minutes, particularly around the full moon!" Oh no, Moony's temper was rising again, and then Peter raised his hand. "Plus, werewolves don't sing obnoxiously in the shower."