Summer 1976

Chapter Forty Six

This summer was one I was actively looking forward to. Before the term was over I had begged my parents nonstop to let me invite the boys to visit for a few weeks over the summer. They had agreed, but only if the Lupin's agreed to let them sleep in their house. Something about not letting boys and girls sleep under the same roof. Quite ironic if you ask me, considering that is exactly the situation when we're at Hogwarts, but alas, parent logic.

Today is the day, the boys will be arriving any time now. As we waited for them I anxiously bounced on the balls of my feet. Then there was a bright flame and Peter was the first to arrive. "Wormtail!" I exclaimed, throwing myself at him for a hug. He laughed, hugging me back. "Good to see you too Prim." As he stepped aside to greet Remus, and they were doing their bro handshake thingy, the fireplace lit up once again and James appeared, followed seconds later by Sirius. Not expecting Sirius to appear so fast, James hadn't moved from the fireplace so they fell in a heap to the floor before jumping back up to their feet.

I greeted James first when I heard Sirius shout. "Where's my best girl?" He asked with open arms, which I accepted trying to hide my growing blush. When I pulled back he was grinning like an idiot. "Padfoot, I missed you." I smiled up at him. "That's all I get? Come on Paws, you can do better. Where's my kiss?" He asked playfully, leaning in, but before he could I placed my hand on his mouth to stop him. "Not here." I whispered. I was worried about Remus's parents walking in any second, and I was right. As if being summoned they appeared in the living room once they heard the commotion.

After the introductions were made with Remus's parents it was time for them to meet mine. Leaving their trunks behind I grabbed Sirius's hand and started walking towards the door. Before I opened it I turned to look back at the others.

"Oh James before we go to my house I have a message for you." I said. "Lay it on me." He answered. I smiled at him before turning serious. "Do not under any circumstance attempt to flirt with Lily if you do not want to end up permanently blind and or bald." I warned him. He looked at me amused, but a little bit scared. "Whew Paws, thank you for the kind warning." He joked. "Her words, not mine. Now let's go. I have so much planned for this summer."

I excitedly pulled Sirius out of Remus's house, the rest of them following. Despite my obvious excitement, I was nervous about them meeting my parents. Even though they had heard all about them from my endless letters and stories about school throughout the last few years, this would be the first time they will actually see each other. Most of all I was anxious about them meeting Sirius considering the current situation, but like the natural born charmer he is, he won them over with a few jokes, an overflow of charisma, and that damn smile.

***

Those few weeks of summer were a blast. For the last five years the lads had been teaching me all about the wizarding world, now it was my time to show them how the muggle world works. They knew a few things from what I had told them back at school, but the look on their faces when they discovered something new was priceless.

Peter stood for hours in front of the refrigerator, opening and closing the door trying to figure out how the little light inside worked. Eventually mum had to ask him to stop because she feared he might break it down.

James was so confused about how we had non-moving pictures, and the only ones that seemed to move were the ones inside the weird looking box. He was also utterly confused that the box only worked if you pointed that little black, rectangle looking wand at it.

Sirius lost his mind with the telephone. "What do you mean you can talk through it?" He looked perplexed holding up the device. I laughed. "It's like sending a letter, except you don't have to wait for days to get a reply." I explained. "That sounds utterly ridiculous." James piped in. Remus and I laughed again. "I think we should show them." Remus said, looking at me.