~NINETEEN~

Mr. Ivano's POV

The stillness persisted through the whole car ride as I kept clenching and unclencing my hands on the steering wheel.How could I got mislead this easily?How did I managed to unnotice the ulterior scene.

No matter what my siblings handle, it's me at the end of the day who inspect over every nook and corner of Ivano empire.No one dare to disobey my decrees,not in my regime.My existence can be a myth or makeshift legend in the underworld, but they are inclined to believe that I do exist.
Like a phantom lurking in the dark corners.

Watching.Knowing.Ruling.

And I let myself get misguided due to reinless follow towards my sworn enemy's lead.

Lucifer Federico.

That fucker will pay for every single act.I'll make sure to attain that payment in every single penny.I seethed silently as million thoughts and concerns rushed through my mind.

My chaotic thoughts were reverted to present state feeling a soft hand over my tightly clenched hand on the steering wheel.My grip loosened feeling the soft touch of the women whose presence alone soothes my mind.

Briefly glancing at the ethereal woman beside me,I barely focused my gaze on the empty midnight road surely knowing that the women had completed reading my silence.

"The missing girls got no fault or interconnection with you.They had no one to look for them or report their disappearance.You can't pressurise yourself to carry the burden and guilt of every mishaps."She softly spoke out still holding my now semi clenched hands.

See?she accurately managed to see through me like a mirror.And I don't know my mixed aroused,admiring and unsaid intense feelings about this enigmatic women.

I just can't pinpoint my emotions.

"But I should have understood this misguidance sooner.Only if I wasn't much indulged in my vengeance of capturing that traitor."I gritted out angry at myself for letting my mind cloud with the desire of his blood.

At the end,the guilt wins inside me.

"Still, it was impossible to interlink the missing incidents from different places no matter how much you toil and beat yourself,Mr Ivano.You yourself know this information."She firmly spoke out while removing her hand.My burrows  knitted lightly already missing her touch.

"I remember precisely informing you that you'll address me as Karl, Azaleas."I gruffly spoke out looking over her.

I mean it when I gave her the right to call me by my first name. No one calls me that. I glanced over her again seeing her nibbling her lower lip. Sensing my eyes,she softly tucked her hair behind her hair and darted her gaze outside window.

She avoids my gaze when she's bashful.I realised causing my lips to quirk up in fascination.

"And I precisely remember informing you that can't happen whatsoever,Mr. Ivano."She responded dragging my surname still avoiding to look over me.

"I am pretty sure what happened today indicates nothing is impossible in the near future."I seriously informed feeling her brief glance towards me.

I am ready to continue today's activities forever.

"That was a sham.For operation purpose,I would have done that with anyone."She boldly replied as her gaze remained fixed ahead impassively.

I rashly braked my car at one side of the road in a sudden unsaid fury causing her to give a short cry. I turned towards her watching her wide eyes snapped over me holding her seatbelts.