~FOURTY THREE~

⚠️ Mild violence ahead.

~~**~~

Karl Alfred Ivano's POV

"The CCTV footage a few meter ahead which covered the area of the accident spot," Gabriel cleared his throat as I silently remained seated over my desk at militant hospital staring into nothing.

Nothing.

I have nothing to think about. Nothing to motivate me for taking in my next breath."Showed that the car didn't had any accident,rather it suddenly blew off and flipped at the corner upside down."Gabriel finished in a clogged throat as I continued to stare over space looking nowhere. That last thread of hope that Lucifer tried to deceive us went into the pit of nowhere.

"I saw it." I tonelessly responded not looking up at Gabriel's expression.I don't need to.I've looked at that face enough in the past week to memorize that emotion by heart.

Empty.

It has been one week since that haunting incident.Gabriel went absolute silent and numb after that hysteria in the highway.Others were in no better condition.Bella had fainted due to shock that day after we all returned back into safe mansion with the news of Azaleas.Mother and Lenna have shut off themselves into the room and refuse to come out. Azaleas's brothers roamed around assisting  me like a living corpses.

With everyone like this,I silently left the mansion with the decision to stay at the place where Azaleas and I stayed over for the past two weeks.

The cabin of my militant hospital. Where our us began.Where our memories reside.Where her presence floats.

Here,I was staying over while working through my investigations. This militant hospital laboratory was sent the ashes from the car that day. They had later informed me that the identification of any DNA was impossible due to the extreme heat of bombing.Still not giving up,I lodged people to gather every CCTV footages around that highway to see if Lucifer had by chance escaped with someone or alone,leaving the unconscious Azaleas inside the car.

Nothing.Not a single clue to indicate anyone of them alive.Nothing to assure me to again see those familiar flaming honey orbs.

"Most of the girls have left the safe mansion."Gabriel lowly spoke out causing my spiraling thoughts to halt at his words.I had totally forgetten about the instructions I had gave him while leaving the safe mansion.To let those rescued girls take their decision. Whether they want to stay or go home or go to the NGOs for seeking more professional help and care and if want to,a job.It had been almost one month since their stay in mansion.

Without responding,I looked up at Gabriel's face silently indicating him to continue."Thirty five girls wanted to go back their home.And after checking up their health and mental state,the doctors approved their discharge.Our forces personally ensured to drop them off at their home.The fourteen others don't want their families to know about this. Hence,they've wanted to join NGOs for working and getting help."Gabriel summarised out the details as I leaned behind the head rest thinking about a familiar face.

A face who was eager to help all of these girls.A face which used to brightened up by anyone's success and happiness.

A face which always brightened my heart everytime she was near.

"One girl is adamant to stay behind at the safe mansion."Gabriel added again causing me to glance at his face with question."The girl Azaleas rescued from suicide. She's not ready to go anywhere without meeting Azaleas."Gabriel thickly spoke out as I tensed up in my seat at his words.My hands clenched over the edge of the chair handle as Gabriel silently stand there waiting for my response.