26

7:00 p.m.

"Okay, you go in", Yoongi told Taehyung who nodded and went into the building where the competition was always held at. "See you later", the older said. 

As Taehyung entered, several contestants looked at him which of course, he did expect. 

"Hey guys", Taehyung sat down with Lucas, Rose, and Yugyeom. "Hey!" Yugyeom said. 

Lucas was on his phone and Taehyung felt like maybe it was best to say that whatever friendship they had, was now on hold. 

Maybe even over all together. 

"So you and J-Hope huh", Rose said while looking at Taehyung. "No", Taehyung said while setting his bookbag down. "Sure", Rose said in a monotone, Taehyung didn't know what that "sure" meant. 

"How was everyone's day", Yugyeom wanted to ease the tension.  "Is Jungkook here yet?" Taehyung wondered. 

"Yeah, he's talking with Hwasa", Yugyeom answered. 

Jimin came out with his headset as usual and Taehyung's instinct was to turn his back. "Quiet down! Filming is starting!"

Momo came out and began talking, "Welcome back! Today you will be filming your covers, so just relax, practice, and don't fuck it up". 

Everyone began putting on their headphones, practicing, some just mouthing the words and not projecting anything yet. 

"So, can you sing Lucas?" Rose asked. 

Lucas raised an eyebrow, "Yeah". Yugyeom was looking at his printed out lyric sheets, looking dead serious that no one wanted to interrupt him. 

Taehyung knew that Yugyeom felt like he had something to prove.

People noticed how there was "cliques" with contestants and Yugyeom being friends with the aces of the show left people wondering why. 

Comments like he's the "black sheep" and that Lucas, Jungkook, Rose, and Taehyung were  only talking to him out of "pity". 

Yugyeom never mentioned how those comments when they all hung out.

Neither did any of the boys. 

"Hey", Jungkook came and Taehyung felt at ease. 

Yet right when he did feel at ease Taehyung got called over by 

Jimin. 

Taehyung visibly looked scared. 

"You okay?" Lucas asked and Taehyung did appreciate him being concerned. "Yeah", Taehyung ran over. 

"Walk", Jimin walked quickly and Taehyung followed. 

"So, you have a scandal with Hoseok and yet Yoongi drops you off? What the hell are you doing?" 

Taehyung had his head down. 

He didn't know what he was even doing yet. 

"Get away from Yoongi, what's so hard about that!" Jimin yelled and Taehyung bit his lips, he was intimidated. 

"Pathetic", Jimin walked away and Taehyung felt his heartbeat increase. 

"Hey you're next", a contestant said as they walked out of a recording room. 

Taehyung nodded and he knew he had to get himself together. 

"Hey", Yoongi said as he stood on one side of the room. 

Taehyung exhaled and knew for right now, he was just a contestant who needed to sing. 

"Music", Yoongi said. Taehyung had his headphones in. 

Jimin had walked into the room.

Taehyung bit his tongue. 

"You missed your cue", Yoongi said. 

Taehyung knew what Jimin was doing. 

"Music", Yoongi was serious and Taehyung wanted to make him proud. 

He began okay, he gradually got better and more comfortable. 

Taehyung began the chorus, staring at Yoongi, 

"Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies"

then Taehyung took a breathe and stared right into Jimin's eyes

"I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife, Offer me that deathless death"

Jimin glared right back. 

"Good God, let me give you my life.Take me to church..."

After he was done Yoongi clapped, "You did a good job, you did well". 

Taehyung smiled and Jimin walked out the room. 

"I'm so...proud", Yoongi said with a softness in his voice and expression. 

A/N

happy new year cuties