65.| ᴛʜᴇ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴀɴᴄᴛᴜᴍ

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
.𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄R SIXTY-FIVE.
   [65]. The Blood of Sanctum.
  𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 ONE.
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝚁𝚞𝚗 𝚊 𝚜𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑 𝚖𝚢
𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

TO OTHERS, BEING UNCONSCIOUS, you felt nothing. But for Alexander he felt everything, he heard everything. He heard the movement around him, the voices, he heard his heartbeat faster and faster. He felt the adrenaline flow through his body, he felt himself being carried by the others.

"Clear!"

A loud gasp was heard and Alexander's bloodshot eyes landed on Clarke.

"Xander, are you okay?" Clarke questioned as she ran towards him.

"I-what—what happened? Where are we?" Alexander said between panting.

Clarke turned towards the guards. "Give us space, please. We'll be right out."

The guards nodded before walking out of the lab. Clarke turned towards the boy. "We're back on the mothership. He turned my mom into a host—she's gone." she sniffled before wiping her tears. "You passed out again. Except you were asleep for 4 hours. Longer than usual. Alex, what aren't you telling me?"

Alexander took a deep breath in. "Fatal insomnia. I uh—I guess it runs in the genes. it gets effect with the toxin and I guess it spread more throughout my brain when I was in cryo." he explained before shaking his head. "I've been forgetting things since then, I wake up forgetting who I am, Where I'm at, why Lexa isn't by my side—and it's scary."

Clarke's eyes began to water. "T-that leads to death, right?"

The man nodded

"Oh, Alex." Clarke cried as she pulled him into a hug. The thought of her best friend dying pained her. "I'm so sorry we didn't solve this sooner."

"Clarke, you were right. All commanders die, whether it's during their leading time, before, or after." Alexander said with a shrug. "They die. That's their fate. I knew my time would come, but it's okay." he paused. "But I need you to promise me something."

Clarke nodded. "anything."

"If the time ever comes, where I forget we're all family. And if I put Raven or anyone else in danger. I need you to run a sword through my heart." Alexander said with a serious tone.

"No, I'm not killing you—."

"Clarke, please. You know I wouldn't be able to live with myself knows I'd hurt you guys. Memories or not, you have to promise me you'll do it. Please."