30.| ᴇᴄʜᴏᴇꜱ

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
.𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄R THIRTY.
[30]. Echoes.
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 TWO
━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘮𝘦,
𝘈𝘭𝘦𝘹.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

IT WAS SOMETHING ABOUT being commander that scared Alexander. And it wasn't for the reason that he didn't like to be a leader. But in reality, it was because he knew things would completely change. The blood he'd shed would be out of control, and he'd end up losing himself, as he did at the conclave with Luna.

His past was something he didn't enjoy talking about, and only a few people knew, Indra, Echo, Luna, and Lexa were the only ones who knew what happened the day at the conclave five years ago. The boy wanted to keep it that way, but the way things are going he was more than positive his past would come to eat him alive. Lexa always told him that eventually, he needed to become Heda, it was his family's legacy, but he didn't expect it to be so soon. Alexander was grateful that the group of Skaikru that he was close to understood that he didn't want to be commander, so they tried everything they could to make sure it doesn't happen.

That's why they needed to get Roan healed, so he can stay king. And so Alexander doesn't have to become heda. After Skaikru agreed to surrender, the boy leads the adults outside to the village to meet with Echo, while everyone worked on healing Roan. Bellamy on the other hand was watching over Alexander making sure Echo didn't try anything. Nightfall fell, and Alexander was currently with Bellamy and the group.

"Alex she's Ice Nation. She can't be trusted. After all, she tried putting a sword through your heart," Indra said in a disapproving tone.

"Never a dull moment, huh?" John Murphy announced making his entrance.

The two boys turned towards John but Indra quickly tapped their arms

"Bellamy, Alexander, pay attention. She's part of the royal guard, spies. That's why she's not marked, very dangerous, very loyal—"

Alexander rolled his eyes. "you must've forgotten that everything Echo knows, we learned together."

"Alexander, I know how you feel about her, but you or Bellamy can't lose control," Kane told the two boys "You offer them, technology, guns, whatever it takes to keep her talking. And Alexander she trusts you so you'll be the best advantage we have."