42.| ᴇᴅᴇɴ

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
    .𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄R FORTY-TWO.
   [42]. Eden.
  𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 ONE
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
ɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʏ ʙꜱᴛ ʀɪɴ,
ʟx.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

THE FIRST YEAR WAS uneasy. The lighthouse entirely fell onto the two, once Praimfaya hit. It wasn't until 42 days later, that Alexander and Clarke both woke up.

"Clarke," He smiled as he pulled the girl into a hug. She hugged back and after a moment the two took a look at everything around them. They decided to walk their way back towards Polis, which was a bad idea.

"Pass me the shovel," Alexander told Clarke as he held his hand out. The girl did as she was told but she was very confused up until she saw that what he was digging for was the Rover. It was completely covered with sand but they found a way to empty it and drive their way to Polis.

Clarke turned towards Alexander and narrowed her eyes. "You haven't said anything other than two sentences since the day of Praimfaya."

"What am I supposed to say?" Alexander said as he kept ahold of the steering wheel. "You could've been with them, Clarke. You had time to go back."

"Raven would've thrown me off the Rocket if I left you." Clarke chuckled. "And you're my best friend, Alex. I wouldn't leave you."

Alexander glanced at Clarke before looking on the windows and noticing the storm that was about to approach. He pressed on the gas pedal harder and after two hours they finally arrived

"Home sweet home," Alexander huffed as he parked the vehicle before getting out. The two ran towards what use to be the medbay. They then climbed the rocks and looked ahead revealing the Polis tower completely ruined. "isn't that great."

Clarke rolled her eyes and picked up a stick, she then ran towards the crumbled up buildings.

"Where the hell are you going?" Alexander said furrowing his brows.

"I'm going to try and get down there," She said struggling to move the stones. Alexander rolled his eyes. She finally moved a piece of stone and started banging on the building. "I'm here! I'm here!"

"Clarke, stop."

But the girl didn't stop, she continued to bang on the door with a rock until after five minutes she stopped when she found a bag full of food. "Here," she said throwing the boy a bag of crackers which he instantly ate. They hadn't eaten or drunk anything since Praimfaya hit.