chapter forty two

CHAPTER FORTY ONEanything for you

CHAPTER FORTY ONE
anything for you

-

Natalie always avoided Valentine's Day. It wasn't some special occasion and she was a firm believer that if you loved someone, you should show it everyday. But she was secretly hoping Justin asked her to be his date to the dance.

And let's just say the two were on the same page. Something about dances had always made Natalie's heart beat faster and Justin knew that she would go all out.

But she had a few things to cover while she waited for her all out proposal. She walked up to Zach's locker for the first time since their campus tour adventure.

"What is wrong with you? You haven't answered any of my calls." Natalie crosses her arms, looking up at him.

"Sorry I've just been busy." Zach shrugged.

"I talked to Chloe yesterday." Natalie said, finally grabbing on to Zach's attention.

"Why?" He asked as he closed his locker.

"Because she's worried about you. And I can't blame her for that. Apparently you haven't been returning any of our calls. You know you can tell me anything." Natalie shrugged.

"I can't tell anyone anything, ever." Zach says clearly speaking on their ex friend group. "So we good?"

"Look, there's this workshop with the football team that Justin mentioned. He thinks you should stop by." Natalie says, trying to catch up to the tall boy who was already walking.

"What for? Justin's captain now anyways." Zach rolled his eyes. She didn't understand how they went from partying together to this hostility.

"He's co captain until you're back on your feet." Natalie corrected as Zach tried to pass by. "Look Justin and I both owe you a lot. Who knows how that stupid party had gone if you weren't there? And who knows if Justin would even be on the football team without your help?" Natalie used her puppy dog eyes.

"Fine. I'll go to the stupid workshop." Zach rolled his eyes.

-

Another relationship that had oddly been worked out since last year was Ani and Natalie. I guess seeing someone on the brink of death does something's to a person. And she was pretty good at playing a happy medium in between her and Jessica.

They say across from each other at the lunch table as they looked around the Valentine's day decorations. "So when do you think Clay is going to ask you to the dance?" Natalie raises an eyebrow.