chapter forty seven

CHAPTER FORTY SEVENexhale

CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN
exhale

-

"Where've you been?" Clay asks Justin as he walks into the house late.

"Natalie's." Justin takes a deep breath as he walks to the bathroom.

"You alright?" Clay asks.

"You alright?" Justin repeats.

"You're not using, are you?" Clay asks in a worried tone.

"Clay, if I were you, I'd get my own shit together before worrying about anyone else." Justin rolled his eyes as he slammed the bathroom door.

-

Natalie got accepted to her top three schools of UCLA, Clemson and Duke despite the academic break in the middle of her schooling. Duke even offered her a scholarship but she worried more about Jessica's sadness of rejection from her top three schools.

Natalie then gave Lainie a call about her acceptance letter who invited her over to breakfast to celebrate both hers and Justin, who also got a letter in the mail.

"What are you doing here?" Justin asks as he sees Natalie at the table, drinking her coffee. "Not that it's bad or anything."

"We wanted to celebrate Natalie getting accepted into her top schools and lucky enough, Justin got a letter this morning." Lainie says in an excited tone.

"Holy shit, uh. I mean sorry." Justin chuckled as they all sat down.

"Don't be sorry. But please open it, Lainie and Natalie have been staring it down all morning." Matt says causing both the girls to giggle. Justin grabs the letter.

"Okay, uh, Dear Justin." He chuckled. "I got in." Justin smiled causing Natalie to squeal, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Despite Duke being her dream school, choosing UCLA kept Justin close now that he was accepted nearby.

"We're so so proud of you. You've done so well." Lainie smiled. "And Clay's will be next then we will have a big celebration for all three of you." She said, treating Natalie like her own per usual.

"We'll have to find a way to celebrate." Lainie said before they went to school.

-

"What happened to your face?" Natalie asks as she looks across the table at Zach.

"I did what you asked. I fixed shit with Diego. At least I tried too." Zach shrugged. "But that's not why I'm here. Obviously, I shouldn't ask you for anything but I'm failing and although I don't care, I don't really wanna live with my mom anymore and you're like the smartest person I know so I was wondering if you could just help me stay on track for a little bit."