chapter eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT

Communications class. Natalie hated to admit that she enjoyed the class. She used to sit next to Justin and Zach and they would always mess around in the back of the class room, throwing paper airplanes at the front of the room, taking selfies underneath the desk, etc.

But it had its ups and downs. "I'm just saying if you don't like being fat shamed than don't be fat." A boy sitting across from Natalie says, causing an eye roll from the table.

"You do realize that's like someone saying to you, don't be an idiot. You just can't help it." Natalie shrugged, putting her pen back on the table.

"Exactly. Thank you, Natalie." The guy responded and she exchanged looks with the two boys next to you.

"Dude, she's totally on your side." Zach replied and the class chuckles. Natalie heard the bell ring and stood up to grab her backpack before being reminded to check her compliment bag.

She walked over to the bag that spelled out her name covered with hearts all around it. There were a few pieces of paper that she got out and read them all. "You're so pretty." "I wish I was as pretty as you." "Love you girl❤️"

Natalie appreciated it but she didn't like being held up on a pedestal.

At lunch, she sat with her brother and his friends per usual. Marcus scoots in between Bryce and Natalie, shoving Natalie a little bit closer to Justin. He puts down his box of pins and everybody starts digging in.

"How many of these did daddy make ya?" Bryce chuckled.

"Enough to win the election." Marcus shrugged. They noticed Zach walk away but only Natalie noticed he went to talk to Zach. She ignores it for a little bit until the whole cafeteria turns to Hannah and Zach.

"Just leave me alone!" Hannah yells and their table turns to them, Natalie hears them all break into chuckle.

"Shut up, guys." Natalie rolls her eyes and keeps them quiet until Zach approaches their table.

"Dude. Why do you even try with that girl?" Justin asked, looking up at Zach.

"Yeah, been there, forget that." Marcus scoffed and rolled his eyes, still upset about the other night.

"Don't you need every vote, Marcus?" Zach asked in defense.

"Not that one!" Marcus exclaims, pointing back to Hannah.