chapter thirty five

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVEour life is not a movie

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE
our life is not a movie

-
"It was just that day." Justin explained to Clay. "Bryce was dead. Natalie was at the worst I had ever seen her. Shit was so fucked up. I felt powerless. Natalie went to talk to a family member so I wanted to be by myself and I found myself in Bryce's room and it was all fucking up my head. I felt empty and messed up."

"So it was just one time?" Clay shook his head.

"Yes. But you can't tell Natalie, okay? I fucked up real bad and I'm sorry, I'm really sorry. She will never forgive me." Justin took a deep breath, thinking back to when shit hit the fan last time. Natalie made her intentions clear, too much was on her plate to deal with an addict of a boyfriend. Get clean or she was done.

-

"So, did you find anything in Justin's bag?" Natalie harassed, taking sips from her coffee on the other side of the table.

"You know, Natalie, it's really weird you're having me spy on your boyfriend." Clay gives a confused glance.

"It's not spying. And Clay, it can't get much weirder than my mom trying to make you the prime suspect in my brother's murder?" Natalie shrugged. "So back to the shaving cream?"

"Nothing." Clay lied. If Natalie knew Bryce was dealing Justin oxy, it would crush her. Everyone knew it was clear that Natalie would leave Justin if he was ever doing drugs again.

"Great!" Natalie gives a small smile. "So back to suspect number 1."

"Monty." Natalie and Clay both say together.

"It's nice to have you back, Jensen." Natalie winked. Once having been the best of friends, Natalie and Clay avoided each other at best when he was named a suspect. Partially because she wasn't sure if she believed it yet. But she knew now that Monty did it. No one could convince Natalie otherwise.

Clay's phone started ringing at the same time as Natalie's. Clay's call was from his mom and Natalie's call was from her mom. Weird timing but Natalie hadn't thought anything about it.

"Natalie, where are you?" Nora asks quickly.

"Good morning to you too, Mom." Natalie rolled her eyes. "I'm with Clay, we're getting breakfast." She said despite knowing that Clay was at the top of her no no list.

"Natalie, you have to get out of there." Nora says, her speed picking up again.

"Mom, he's just a person-" Natalie defends until being cut off.