chapter eighteen

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN that would be enough

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
that would be enough

"God, these morning practices are killing me. I'm passing out at exactly 4:30 this afternoon." Chloe shook her head as her and Bryce pulled up to the school.

"Or maybe you could come back to my place." Bryce starts and realizing she was going to cut him off, continued quickly. "For dinner. Now that my sisters back, my parents think a family dinner would be a great idea and I mean, they'd love to meet you."

"Oh my God, thats so exciting. Oh my God, that's so terrifying." Chloe shook her head, quickly realizing that it was The Walker's.

"No, it's no big deal. I mean, it's just really uncommon that all of us are there at one time and I'm always talking about you." Bryce lied between his teeth.

"I'm so excited! Amazing!" Chloe exclaimed before walking into the school.

-

Natalie looked into her mirror, finishing up straightening her hair with her white long sleeve top with high waisted skinny jeans. She felt like she couldn't breath. She didn't know what to do now that she was going back to school.

Her father had called ahead of time and all she needed to do was go to the guidance counselor when she got to school. She drove over to Clay's house without warning and simply knocked on the door.

His dad answered the door so she flashed her charming Walker smile. "Natalie Walker. What can I do for you?"

"Hey Mr. Jensen. Um Clay said he would help me get caught back up with my work so I was gonna take him to school." Natalie rambled.

"Oh, yeah. Sure. Come inside. He's upstairs." Matt smiled and Natalie nodded, rushing up the stairs.

She knocked on Clay's door to avoid seeing him undressed to save herself the nightmares. "I'm a little busy, Dad."

"It's Natalie, stupid." She mocked and he opened the door. She walked in seeing Justin on the couch.

"I wanna ask why you're here but I'm actually glad you're here." Clay said as Natalie sat her bag down, next to Justin, he gave her a quick kiss before she turned to Clay.

"So, Jensen. My dad says the lawyers want me to testify for Hannah. Since I didn't get a deposition in the fall, I'll have to do that but I'm gonna have to hold off on going to The Baker's until Justin's better. But I'm back to school today." Natalie shrugged, putting her hand on Justin's leg.