chapter twenty four

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR "the one where the walker siblings testify

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
"the one where the walker siblings testify."

-

Football season of her sophomore year had to have been one of Natalie's favorite time of her life. She would be at every single game to cheer on Bryce, Zach, Monty, Scott and Justin.

She knew how bad it would hurt her brother when her parents didn't show up especially when they were in town so she constantly made sighs for number 83, her used-to-be-hero. It was the best play of the year and she was the only one to support him.

Natalie ran to her brother after the game, who picked her up and span her. "Hey baby sister. yo Are mom and dad here?"

"Uh, no. They couldn't make it." Natalie said as he let her down. "But I'm here!" She exclaimed as she saw him get more upset. "And we're gonna go party at the docks." She smiled as she felt Monty pick her up. "I'll meet you there?"

And if Natalie wouldn't have left early, Bryce never would have met Hannah.

-

Natalie stood with her mother flattening out her dress as she stood looking at her brother. "Aren't the glasses a bit much?" The girl raises an eyebrow at her brothers new fashion.

"Yeah, I haven't worn these in like forever." Bryce shook his head as he took the glasses off.

"Warren thinks they make him look more empathetic, relatable." Her father shrugged as he sent a text back on his phone.

"Can't he just be those things?" Nora asked as the family huddled together closely.

"It's Bryce we're talking about, mom." Natalie said as she tightened the curled ponytail.

Her father gave her a glare as she looked down to shut up. "Warren in the best there is at reading a jury. Our whole family is on trial today and neither of them should even be in that room for Christ's sakes. We should have fought off a bullshit subpoena for a rinky-dink lawsuit."

Despite the many practice runs they had, Natalie's parents worried about her testimony more than his. She was a loose cannon with a clear vendetta against Bryce. "We got this. We're good." Bryce said, putting his arm around his sister, despite her clear uncomfortable look. "We spent like four hours with Warren and his guys."

"Are we good? The reporters out front didn't seem to think so." Nora shrugged.

"Enough. Neither of them need any more static." Barry said as their parents left Bryce and Natalie by themselves. She pulled her phone out of her purse and called Justin.