chapter thirty two

CHAPTER THIRTY TWOthis is me trying

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
this is me trying

-

"They promised there would be four deputy's and a sheriff." Nora shook her head as her and her daughter made their way down the isle of the church.

Natalie nodded slightly as she watched all the eyes turn to her. "Mom, there was fliers all over the school."

"But all these people came to pay their respects, I assure you." Nora nodded and Natalie watched Justin and Clay walk into on one side as Zach squeezes her hand from the isle when she walks past him.

They were giving the first speeches and both of them held their papers in nervousness. Natalie met The Jensen family towards the middle of the isle. "Natalie, honey. We are so sorry." Lainie says before giving the girl a hug.

Natalie gives a slight nod as Justin wraps his arm around her. "Thank you guys for coming." She says to the family.

"We just hope you're holding up well." Lainey suggests as Natalie sees her mother pointing for her to come back. She took the seat next to her mother in the front row as she practiced what she would say.

She turned around to see her father coming in, it was the first time in months she had seen him and all she could do was roll her eyes. "Late. To his own son's funeral." Nora shook her head.

"He's acting like its a goddamn wedding, Mommy." Natalie rolled her eyes again , she was filled with anger towards her father.

-

Natalie played on her phone as she entered the restaurant with her mother and brother next to her. She didn't realize anything was happening until they stopped dead in their tracks. She saw her father with his new girlfriend.

Natalie has gotten more confident with being able too speak against her father after the past year had happened so Nora and Bryce kept their stances in front of her, worrying the wrath of Natalie would come out. And it did.

"Natalie, don't." Her mother said but she stepped out to the table, Bryce following quickly to back her up.

"Dad." Natalie said sternly. "I haven't heard from you in a while."

Natalie passed glares at the woman who was more important to her father than his own children. "This is Katya. Katya, this is my daughter, Natalie and my son, Bryce."

"Nice to meet you. I've heard so much about you two." The woman smiles, shaking both of their hands.

"Oh, interesting. Because I've never heard about you." Natalie says giving the woman the brightest fake smile you'd ever see.