chapter three

CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

"Mom keeps calling about Hannah Baker." Bryce says as he saw Natalie walk into the front door.

"Probably just worried. The school has been sending lots of emails." Natalie shrugs, walking to the kitchen.

Bryce stands up to follow her despite realizing she had no intention to talk to him. He wasn't used to his baby sister shutting him out. They fought like cats and dogs but forgave each other within a day.

"Natalie, what's wrong? You barely talk to me anymore." He asked, putting his hand on the island as she opened the fridge.

"Maybe I'm just tired of my older brother of only 15 months acting like a helicopter parent around me." Natalie snaps back.

"What the hell does that mean?" Bryce asks, getting angrier. Despite everything, Natalie wasn't scared of him - so even if he raised his voice at her - she wasn't gonna be phased.

"It means, back off, Bryce. I'm going to Jessica's." Natalie shakes her head and walks out the door to drive to Jessica's.

. After Hannah and Natalie got into a fight, the trio that could have been with Jessica was destroyed and Natalie was replaced with the new kid, Alex Standall. But it was back to hanging out with her brothers friends.

Natalie got her temper from her father, so did her brother. She was easy to get along with but once someone messed with her, she would destroy them.

But Natalie kept in touch with Jessica - they both agreed it was almost natural instinct that they were meant to be best friends. They would have sleepovers and she wasn't even sure if Hannah knew about it. At this point, she didn't care.

Jessica was pissed all night about Justin going missing although Natalie knew he had been crashing in her pool house since the beginning of the week. But she couldn't snitch on Justin. Despite how sad their relationship made her feel.

She came home early that night and walked into the pool house where Bryce and Justin were sitting on the couch, drinking beers and playing video games.

"Nat! Hey, baby sister. How was Jessica's?" Bryce asks, moving over to the other side of the couch for her to sit in between them.

"Hey guys." She takes the seat hesitantly. "Justin, Jessica is freaking out about you missing."

"I know, I'm sorry, Nat. But you're not gonna tell her right?" Justin asked, still focused on the video game.