chapter forty four

CHAPTER FORTY FOURchampagne for my real friends,real pain for my fake friends

CHAPTER FORTY FOUR
champagne for my real friends,
real pain for my fake friends

-

Clay was an anxious mess but Natalie couldn't judge because she was also severely fucked up, she was just better at hiding it.

"Are you busy?" Natalie received the message from Justin on her phone and smiled slightly.

"Never too busy for you. What's up?" Natalie responds after she finishes up her makeup.

"I'm grounded but is there any chance you can come visit me at work? Need to talk." Justin messaged. Despite loving each other deeply, neither of them asked for help very often. So she knew it was important.

She threw on her denim jacket as she drove to Monet's. He had 20 minutes till his shift started and claimed to The Jensen's that his manager needed him in early. "What the hell? Why are you grounded?" Natalie asks as she sees him.

"It's so good to see you." Justin shakes his head as he gives her a hug. She quickly hugs back before they both sit down. "The Jensen's drug tested us."

"What? Well why are you grounded because of that?" Natalie asks as her voice becomes shaky, she's preparing herself for what the hell is about to happen when he tells her he relapsed.

"I came back clean." Justin says, earning a sigh of relief from Natalie. "But Clay didn't."

Natalie looks at him confused. "I mean I guess it would explain his behavior?"

"He accused me of switching the tests." Justin shook his head in distress. "I think they believed him. It just feels like you're the only person in this world that believes in me."

Natalie felt her heart break at the sight of her favorite person. "Justin, there's no way they believe that. They've seen you going to your meetings and getting help. They tested you but that doesn't mean they don't trust you. They want you and Clay to be the best you can be. I mean you are working so hard to be the best version of yourself."

Natalie reached out for his hand and squeezes it. "I don't know if I can be. I've just got all this on me. And I don't know how to come up from here." He said as his eyes started swelling up. She knew the feeling well.

She walks around the table and gave him a hug, he squeezed his arms around her waist. "I have to tell you something." She said with nervousness in her voice. She took her seat in front of him again. "And I don't wanna make anything worse for you but we don't keep secrets."