chapter six

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

Natalie thought back to the winter formal. It was the first time she realized she was losing Jessica to Justin. And the first time she started a thing with Zach. He was her date. She waited and waited for Justin to ask her but he didn't.

It was awkward the next morning. She wanted to talk to her brother about this who was the one she always went too about guy trouble.

They were on there way to school and she had muted the group chat of everybody on the tapes freaking out about Clay. Natalie looked out the window in the passenger seat before turning to her brother.

"Brycey. Sister to brother and not friend to friend, can I ask you a question?" Natalie asks, looking down at her hands in her lap.

"Shoot, bug." He said, using her childhood nickname which she smiled at.

"I ended things with Zach last night." Natalie said with some regret in her voice.

"I can't say I'm surprised." Bryce says, turning down the radio a little bit. "Cause of Justin?"

"How do you-?" Natalie starts with an eyebrow raised.

"I can read you like a book. Complicated though given how close you are to Jess." Bryce shrugged. Great advice.

"Exactly." Natalie rolled her eyes at her brothers response.

"I think you should just never date anybody ever." Bryce smiled slightly. He cared about his little sister. Maybe the only thing he cared about.

When they get to school, they meet all the boys at the front benches. She stayed near Monty and Alex so there was no bad blood between Zach, Justin and Natalie.

When Tyler came to school, all eyes were on him. She felt bad, this was gonna be his new normal for a few weeks. When he came past the group, Monty and Bryce both showed their asses to him which made Natalie slightly want to puke.

"You guys are so gross. I'm out of here." Natalie rolled her eyes before she started heading into school.

Zach and Natalie still sat at lunch together, with Jessica and Marcus. "I don't know what Justin's going to do. He says he wants to shut Clay down." Jessica says. Natalie and Zach exchange glances at the sound of Justin's name but just look back at the table.

"We tried that." Marcus scoffs as he pulls out his phone.

"Clay must have listened to his tape. I told you, he listens to his tape, everything changes." Zach said with a bit of a panicky voice.