chapter forty eight

CHAPTER FORTY EIGHTin case we don't live forever

CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT
in case we don't live forever

-

Natalie was at risk of losing her scholarship to Duke, which she didn't even know if she would take but if she was to be named as an instigator, she took the risk of being suspended or even expelled which meant every college would have to remake their choices on whether to accept her.

To make matters worse, everyone had began to know about her pregnancy as she was a little bit too open on who she told and everybody was talking.

Zach had already even suspended for a week and the new dean was bringing in anyone and everyone to hear their sides of the story.

"So your response to all this is just more punishment?" Natalie crosses her arms.

"The police have differed prosecution pending our investigation so we need to find out who did what and why?" The dean looks over at her.

"Punish me, fine. But don't cancel prom. That's not fair." Natalie shook her head.

"Natalie, a group of parents managed to get a county judge to issue a gang injunction against the students at Liberty." The dean nods. "We can't have a prom."

"That's insane." Natalie rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, it wouldn't have been my choice on how to proceed but there we are. You can help me. If you let me in on a secret, why were Justin and Diego fighting in the first place? Why is Clay Jensen destroying security cameras? What's going on here?"

"What's going on here is that we are going to have a prom." Natalie nodded. "Because for one minute, just one. I want to have a normal high school life."

"You know I wish I could make that happen, Natalie. But I just can't." The dean shook his head.

"I don't need you too. We'll make it happen." Natalie smiled as she stood up.

-

"Justin, Justin, hey. We cannot be late for our first day back." Clay said, he knew Justin was going through a hard time after being dumped by Natalie.

"That's today?" Justin asked in a daze.

"Yeah, they closed school for a week but now we have to make it up at the end of the year. And apparently there's a whole investigation as to what started it all, what you and Diego were fighting about." Clay states as he notices Justin's head dripping in sweat.