chapter eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

So while Natalie sat in guilt knowing that she was responsible for the hurt of so many people - Justin faced the same guilt laying in bed with Jessica. Natalie didn't know where to go from here or if there was anywhere to go from here.

Natalie decided to hang out with Jeff and Zach after Justin ditched her for the rest of the night. Natalie barely remembered seeing Clay leave, she just remembered Jeff telling her he would go on a beer run but she needed to stay there. Natalie had so many drinks that night on top of smoking way too much weed for her tiny body to digest.

It all came back in flashes. But she remembered Jeff and Zach took care of her that night - they always took care of her at parties. They always took care of her everywhere and anytime.

Natalie missed Jeff everyday - she grew up with him, she would spend summers with him, they were really really close. He always knew exactly what to say. And before she knew it, he was gone. She would do anything for him to tell her to chill out one more time.

"Seriously dude, that's bullshit. He got suspended for three days, that shit goes on your record, Marcus."  Natalie lectured now that she was back at school and hearing about the recent drama she missed.

"Yeah, I don't really care. At least we shut him up." Marcus shrugged and Natalie rolled her eyes.

"We kept him out of school for three days - I don't think we shut him up." Zach shrugged as Natalie leaned her arm against the table.

"Okay. You guys wanna take him on another ride?" Marcus offered as she watches Alex walk back into the lunch room. "Cause that worked so well."

"His credibility is shot." Courtney suggests. "No ones gonna believe anything he says."

"Yeah until he plays him the tape or until Tony does." Natalie replies as she sees Ryan walk up to the table.

"Yeah, what happened there?" Marcus asked Ryan as he sat down, handing Natalie a coffee in which she raised her sunglasses to wink with her thank you.

"I tried. But Tony wouldn't budge." Ryan says and Natalie starts to think - she didn't understand why these people cared if the tapes were exposed or not - no one did anything as bad as her and Bryce. "He's got the tapes hidden somewhere and this medieval, self-flagellating mortal code. We have to do this another way."

Natalie sips her coffee as Courtney starts talking. "It's back to Clay and if he has started talking to Natalie about Jessica's party, it's probably too late."