chapter twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE

Natalie had been avoiding Jessica - anybody could see it. She didn't know how to approach the situation. But she was going to have to face the situation. She heard her phone ringing as she sat on her bed. She wasn't going to tell Justin or anybody - she was just going to be honest with Jessica.

"Hey, what's up?" Natalie said, playing it cool as she answered the phone call.

"Natalie, what's been going on? I feel like we never talk anymore." Jessica said and Natalie looked at the ground.

"Uh, you can come over now if you want. Catch up. There's actually been something I've wanted to talk to you about."

Before she knew it, Jessica was at her house. Luckily no one else was there so she just went straight to Natalie's room already familiar with the house.

"Hey Jess." Natalie smiled as she gave Jess a hug as she walked in. The hug was reciprocated.

"Hey, Nat." Jess said, confused on why Natalie seemed so off.

"Do you want a drink or anything?" Natalie asked as Jessica sat down on the bed.

"No, I think it would be a good idea for us to talk though." Jessica said, looking up at her. "Clearly something is up."

"Yeah. Something is up." Natalie sat down on the bed, directly across from Jessica. "So, the night of your party, Hannah wasn't 100% lying."

"What?" Jessica asked, the anger in her voice rising.

"I made out with Justin." Natalie said as she felt Jessica get more and more mad. But that wasn't even the worse part. "But.." Natalie starts but is cut off by a slap across her face. "What the fuck?" She looks at Jess.

"I can't fucking believe this. You were my best friend and you made out with my boyfriend and lied about it!" Jessica said, standing up quickly.

"Jess, I'm sorry. You told me it was just going to be a summer fling, I thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal." Natalie practically knew her ass was grass when she told Jessica about the other half of the night.

"I can't believe you would take my words and twist them to make yourself look like the good guy." Jessica shook her head. "I have to go - I can't do this. I have nothing to say to you. Just leave me alone."

"Wait, Jessica. There's more." Natalie said as Jessica was already half way out the door.

"I don't wanna hear it, Natalie." Jessica responded. So now Jessica knew that Justin and Natalie were the bad guys but still had no idea about Bryce.