chapter forty five

CHAPTER FORTY FIVEright where you left metrigger warning : school violence

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

CHAPTER FORTY FIVE
right where you left me
trigger warning : school violence. if this is a sensitive subject, please read with caution.

-

Natalie stared at the test in front of her as she took a deep breath. So it was official that they would become parents at eighteen. While their friends were crashing million dollar cars and selling guns on the other side of town. Natalie was trying to keep her distance but it was much harder for Justin.

"Hey." Natalie smiled to Clay as she saw him in the hallway. "Congrats on the interview."

"What? What are you talking about?" Clay asks and Natalie raises an eyebrow.

"Brown." Natalie nodded. "The alumni reps are coming next week, I saw both of our names were on the schedule."

"That's gotta be a mistake." Clay shook his head.

"Not unless there's another Clay Jensen around here that I don't know about which is like...one is enough." Natalie nods as Clay stares into space. "I mean you did apply there right?"

"I mean I guess." Clay shrugged before getting super nervous. Natalie raises an eyebrow and turns around to go meet Justin before he went to gym class.

"So we tell the Jensen's and your mom tonight?" Justin asks against her locker, keeping his voice down for the sake of both of them.

"I guess we don't have a choice." Natalie shrugged as the bell rang. "Okay I have to go read a bunch of college essays before the last set of applications go out. I'll be in the English room if you can sneak away." She winked as she kissed him quickly.

On terms of Natalie graduating on time despite her absences, she agreed to be a tutor for college applications because she was a lot smarter than she put on. So during her free period, she would go to the English classroom and just listen to music by herself and read the papers to decide whether they were good enough to be admitted.

Natalie was getting distracted on her phone as she heard the intercom go off. "Students and staff. We are currently moving into a lockdown situation. Code Red. This is a hard lockdown. Please initiate lockdown procedures immediately. Students, please do not panic and listen closely to the announcement. Seek immediate shelter in the nearest classroom. I repeat, this is a Code Red lockdown."

Usually the staff told Natalie ahead of time of a drill so she trusted her virgo intuition that this was the real deal and she was freaking out. She looked around quickly before turning off the lights and locking the doors and pushing a few of her desks with all her might in front of the door . She grabbed a pair of scissors and held them in her hand quickly as she found a spot behind a desk and pulled out her phone quickly.