chapter thirty three

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE"exile

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE
"exile."
TRIGGER WARNINGS - MENTION OF RAPE, SEXUAL HARASSMENT, GUN USE.

-

"Just tell me what happened, Natalie." The police officer explained across the table from her.

"I've answered this, officer. Clay wasn't going to kill Bryce." Natalie observes the video once more. "He was angry and Justin calmed him down but he wouldn't have killed him."

"And you are sure about that? Are you sure he didn't want revenge for the court case of the day?" The officer asks causing Natalie to put her hand on her face, annoyed with the situation.

"You're talking crazy. Clay isn't a killer." Natalie shook her head.

"What happened to the gun after that night?" The man asks.

"I don't know." Natalie stutters. "They got rid of it after I left. I went back with them to make sure Clay and Justin got home okay."

-

"Why didn't you tell me about this?" Nora asks as her daughter gives her an eye roll. The last thing she wanted was to be questioned after hours of being at the police station.

"You never asked." Natalie shrugged.

"Well I don't often ask my children if they had an altercation with a gun." Nora scoffs. "So you knew Clay and Justin had a gun and didn't give this information?"

"They got rid of it, mom. I don't know if you know this but there isn't a lot that goes on in Justin's life that I don't know about." Natalie shakes her head.

"I can't believe I've been letting you spend time with these volatile boys." Nora looks up from her desk to Natalie. "How well do you know Clay?"

"Well enough to know he's not a killer." Natalie says. "I mean, mom. Bryce beat him, if anyone was the bad example, it was Bryce."

"Natalie, dear. Be honest with me. Do you think Bryce and Clay ever had any reason to fight that concerned Ani?" Nora raises an eyebrow causing Natalie to take a deep breath.

"Um, no. I guess I didn't really pay attention to Ani's relationships." Natalie shakes her head, starting to wonder herself.

"I'll take your word on Justin, Natalie but Clay may be capable of things you don't realize." Nora sighed as she released Natalie from the room.