chapter twenty three

CHAPTER TWENTY THREEnothing i wouldn't do"Let me be apart of the narrative

nothing i wouldn't do
"Let me be apart of the narrative. In the story they will write someday. Let this moment be the first chapter, where you decide to stay."

-

"It has to be the clubhouse, don't you think?" Clay asks from the backseat as Natalie looks over at Justin who had his face against the window, staring outside.

"Right." Justin nodded as Natalie puts her hand out on his thigh.

"Justin, are you high?" Natalie asks with a sweet tone so it didn't come off as her being aggressive about it.

"Jesus, no." Justin shook his head as he leaned up in his seat.

"Good. Because I can't do that shit anymore and Clay can't bring it home again." Natalie shakes her head as she turns to the next street.

"I'm not. I'm just tired." Justin defended with a head shake.

"So if you weren't using, what have you been doing the past 24 hours?" Clay asks, leaning up.

"I saw my mom." Justin took a deep breath.

"Your mom? I thought you didn't know where she moved." Clay says in a confused tone.

"Turns out I lie sometimes." Justin rolled his eyes, obviously annoyed by Clay constantly bringing it up.

"So you went home?" Clay asked.

"No, I saw my mom." Justin said sternly. "She gave me some cash."

Justin handed the cash to Clay and Clay's eyes widened. "She gave you that?"

"It's for you. Here. Consider it rent. Until Natalie and I can find something more permanent here." Justin shrugged and just like he thought it would, it made her smile.

"Keep it." Clay shook his head. "I don't pay rent anyway so. If you have all that cash, why would you come back anyway?"

"Natalie said you guys needed me. I'm done doing fucked up things." Justin said, looking back out the window.

"We may need you to do one or two more fucked up- things." Natalie looked at him before showing him her charming smile that was sure to convince him.

Natalie dropped them off at Clay's house when they arrived back but Justin still was nervous. He shouldn't have tried to leave today. He didn't want to put Natalie in a position to get hurt which is why it made him extra nervous sending her to that house where the man he hated more than anything lived.