chapter thirty six

CHAPTER THIRTY SIXnot about angels

CHAPTER THIRTY SIX
not about angels

-

Natalie laid in bed, staring at her computer screen where Scream Queens played. She had gone completely awol from her friends and even from her family. Hannah Baker's mom was in town and Natalie barely even moved a muscle.

She felt her phone vibrating from underneath her pillow. 'Tony Padilla' she smiled slightly to herself as she accepted the call. "Hey T, I haven't seen you in a while."

"Hey, Nat. I've just been busy with everything. But I'm actually outside if you wanted to get coffee or something before I go to school? Or come to school with me if you're going." Tony offered. Natalie looked around her room and shrugged to herself.

"Yeah, I guess it would be good to get out of here." Natalie took a deep breath as she hung up as she changed quickly into a tank top and jeans and out of the three day old sweatpants.

She walked to the car outside of her house before realizing someone else was in the car. "Is this an intervention?" Natalie asks as she gets into the passenger seat, noticing Clay and Tony.

Tony locks the door, they go back and forth unlocking and locking the door as Natalie attempted to get out but shrunk back in her seat when she realized they wouldn't give up. Natalie realized that she needed to listen to Tony, because he always listened to her and he never judged her.

"We have to talk." Clay states.

"About what?" Natalie exclaims. "Clearly I don't want to fucking talk to you."

"There's something you have to know, Nat." Tony says quietly too her as she looks back and forth between the two.

"Justin didn't cheat on you." Clay states and Natalie takes a deep breath, hearing him out. "He relapsed."

"What?" Natalie shakes her head.

Clay gave her the full history of the summer with Bryce and Justin, it wasn't his place but Natalie needed to know that Justin's intentions were never to hurt her. They were better together than apart.

-

Natalie and Bryce had gotten home from grabbing dinner when they both noticed Tony walking up towards them. Natalie looked in a glance of confusion. "Tony? What are you doing here?" Natalie asks.

"What's up, Nat?" Tony asks as he approaches.

"Hey buddy, I don't think it's a good idea to be lurking out here. My grandpas got a gun. And he's racist and senile." Bryce offered and Natalie crossed her arm.