chapter twenty seven

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN"killer instinct"

"killer instinct"

-

8 MONTHS LATER

Things had finally started to get better. But now on an early morning two days the horrible Homecoming game, Natalie sat at her kitchen island. Since Spring Fling, her parents had split up. She was living with her mother at her grandparents house for a few months by themselves until Bryce moved in after a fight with Barry.

If she could take that night back, she would in a heartbeat. Natalie had gotten several calls from her friends but her mother asked her to keep silent about things for now so she was on silent treatment for all of them.

"Natalie, honey. I'm gonna head on to the police station." Nora said and Natalie nodded a response. She couldn't believe for once, she was looking for her brother and not looking to run away from him. But a lot can happen in 8 months.

"Okay. Just call me if you need anything or if I need to come down." Natalie smiled and her mother took it as one positive thing from this nasty situation.

"Remember to keep on the down low today, we don't need the whole world finding out about this." Nora shook her head as she walked to the door.

-

And rushed up to Jessica, who was less than pleased to see her. "Are you here to apologize for the Homecoming game?"

Ani took a deep breath before looking around. "The cops just took Clay out."

Jessica's eyebrows rose quickly. "What? Why would they-? Spring Fling was in April, It's November. How would they know now?"

"Maybe somebody told them?" Ani suggested as Jessica became deep in thought.

"Any word from Natalie?" Jessica asks as she leans against the locker.

"No. Everybody's been trying to get a hold of her." Ani shrugged and Jessica nodded, her mind drifting in worry.

Natalie was pretty much the glue of the group. Everybody had their role and Natalie's was to keep them all together. They'd fall apart without her.

"I'm gonna go talk to Zach - we'll finish this later." Jessica shook her head as she headed to the library.

-

While Jessica became a woman on the mission to talk to Zach, Justin drove to Tony's family shop. "Good morning." Tony said in confusion as he saw Justin's car drive quickly into the driveway.