07. the new comfort

Two things I'll forever be sure of, the sun will always fall for the moon & I will always fall for you.

Naman's P.O.V

We were at Sameer's house. It's been a while since we met. So, it was a good idea to get together. As soon as we reached, Lakshita started to tell her (Kriti) some of my past incidents. I just have one question, why? Why does she have to tell everything to her? Oh yeah, gossip. Right?

After a while all of us decided to relive some moments, since most of us played for the Indian team, we decided to re-watch some of our greatest wins or some memorable matches. Guess who's idea it was...Sahil's. He was an opener batsman for the team. Everyone agreed, so we decided to start off by watching a test match,
India VS South Africa.

Of course, we watched the highlights not the entire match.

This one has been one of India's greatest victories & this match meant a lot for me too. This was my first test match as a captain & this test, too, helped in getting Indian team back to it's position.

All of us were discussing one or the other thing about this test series except for one, Kriti. I suddenly realized that she doesn't know much about cricket. I mean what do you expect from the girl who doesn't know the captain of the Indian team. Remember, she didn't recognize me when we first met. I don't know what got into me...my hand automatically travelled to hers & it wrapped itself around it. I gave her hand a little squeeze & assured her. But wait, why was I doing all of that?

Kriti's P.O.V

We decided to watch the highlights of some memorable matches. We began with India VS South Africa. The Indian team was quite off before this test match. This test turned out as a 'back on track' match. It was Naman's first test match as a captain. Oh, wait...you might be wondering how do I know all that? All of them were talking there. I felt embarrassed as I didn't know much about cricket except for the basics.

I was thinking all of it until I felt something around my hand & when I turned my gaze towards it, I found his hand interlaced with mine. He gave our hands a gentle squeeze. He also gave me a 'I'm here, don't worry' look. Okay, this is cute. Kriti accept it or not but he is nice, sometimes.

"You know Kriti, Naman scored an unbeaten 254* in this series which made this test one of the most successful test matches played by the team." Sahil told me while I nodded in surprise. Wow, that's pretty huge. I mean an unbeaten 254* is damn huge.

We started watching the highlights & I don't know why but I was just waiting for him to come of the pitch & bat. He normally used to bat at number 3.

After I while, Naman came from the stands to the pitch. When he came to the pitch, his co-batsman was Sahil. He told something to Sahil on the pitch to which Sahil nodded. Then, he went to the crease, looked up in the sky for a second & then started hitting like a storm. As much as I hate to say this, but I was impressed.

Naman is known for his aggression on the ground. His fangirls can even die for that 'Aggressive Mehra'. He is known for making extremely high scores in a short period of time. He tried to mature off lately but the aggression comes out in one way or the other which all his fangirls find super hot & sexy about him.

Admit it Kriti he looks hot when he's aggressive.

What?! No.

Really?

Yes...no, I gotta admit he looks hot when he's aggressive but that doesn't change his behaviour towards me. Right?

When he scored a double century in the same test series, the camera captured him in an angle that made him look super hot.