36. bunny's birthday pt. 1

"All my better days are the ones spent with you."

A few days later

Kriti's P.O.V.

It's Naman's birthday tomorrow. Actually, scratch that, it's Naman's birthday in like seven hours.

I was currently getting one of his gifts. Naman was out for practice at Wankhede, which is why I thought it'd be a good idea to do this.

I told him that I'm at the salon, getting my nails done which was partly true. I did get my nails done but it didn't take as much time as I told him it would.

So...I thought it would be a good idea to get him something that's gonna last forever. And, guess what? I am getting a tattoo!

I've always wanted to get a tattoo but never really ended up getting one, which is why, I thought it would make a nice birthday present for husband dearest.

I am getting his initial, 'N', just above my forearm. I feel a bit nervous since this is my first ever tattoo but there are no second thoughts that follow along. I know I want this and that's why, I am going to get it done.

I am in love with this man. And I really want to a part of him on me, I really do. I want him to know that I am in this just as much as he is. I want him to know how special he is, for me. This guy literally means the world to me and he deserves every bit of love, every ounce.

I, sometimes, fail to explain how much he means to me but that does not mean that I love him any less. Heck, I love him more than biryani and that is a lot! A lot.

Biryani used to be on the first position in my list of 'my most loved people or things', since I was a teen but then, this guy walked into my life and took away its position- not that I'm complaining.

The pain of the needle wasn't severe but it wasn't mild either. The tattoo artist told me that it wouldn't pain a lot since I'm getting it above my forearm but since it was my first time, I couldn't help but be nervous. But that doesn't matter, I'm gonna get through this. I just hope he likes the tattoo!

My phone pinged, I quickly looked down on the screen, it was him.

Husband❤️
Baby, are you done with your
salon stuff?

Me
Almost,what's up?

Husband❤️
Would you be done if I come and
pick you up in fifteen?

Me
Yes, babe!

Husband❤️
Wait for me then, love.

Me
Drive safe, please.

Husband❤️
Yes, ma'am!
PS: Can't wait to be up in your face. ;)

Me
Me too x.
Come soon, I love you.

Husband❤️
I love you.

I smiled at his text like a teenager, all of this feels so beautiful. I love this man so much. I hope he likes my gifts, though!

The time passed by rather quickly, I got my first ever tattoo and I couldn't be happier. The tattoo artist instructed me on how to take care of the tattooed part and then I covered it up by wearing a band aid over it. It wasn't visible at all, thank god!

I had already informed Naman that I'll meet him outside the salon I earlier went to. So, I quickly made my way to the place. Just when I reached there, I spotted a flower shop. So, I thought of getting my husband some flowers.

After getting the flowers, I went out to wait but Naman was already there. He was looking around, searching for me, when our eyes met!

A wide smile adorned his beautiful face, just as it did on mine. I walked towards him.

"Hello, love!" He said as he kissed my cheek.

"These are for you!" I gave him the flowers and his eyes widened in surprise.

"You got me flowers?" He asked in surprise, as he took them.

"Mmhmm! Do you like them?"

"I love them, baby. Thank you! Ah, this feels so good. No one has ever gotten me flowers." He looked at the flowers and smiled.

He is beautiful.

"That's their problem, then!" I told him. And it was true.

Every woman should buy their man flowers. Why should it only be a guy's job? Men deserve flowers too.

Ladies, go get your guy some flowers and trust me, the reaction you'll get would be worth a million dollars.

"You are the best!" He told me in excitement and I just laughed.

"I know, I know!" I joked.

"Let's go?"

"Let's!"

The other gifts that I had gotten for Naman were already at home and I just had to wrap them up.

As soon as we got home, I rushed straight to the room which I used in the initial days of wedding when we were living separately. I had kept all of the stuff there.

Naman had to take a shower and then he had a virtual meeting with bcci board members. So, he was busy for the next one or two hours which bought me ample amount of time to prepare everything.

I got him five gifts. Number one being the tattoo, then, I got him sushi from his favourite sushi place which we'll have for dinner tonight. The next gift was actually a DIY, I made him a 'kisses tee'. It was basically a plain, basic, white t shirt but I put on a red lipstick and stamped my lips on its center.

I saw it a few days ago on pinterest and I was like 'I need to do this for Naman's birthday!'. So, I did.

The fourth gift is actually really, really close to my heart. When I was seventeen, I wrote a letter for my '(the) one', my soulmate. And I think, now is the right time to hand it over to the person whom it really belongs to.

It was written by me when I really wasn't in a great place. My anxiety was at its peak and a point, I even went on thinking that I should burn the letter but I didn't somehow, and I am so thankful that I didn't. I used to think that there is nobody there to love me. I used to think that I'd end up alone.

But love...it finds a way. It does. It comes from the most unexpected places and changes your life forever, for good.

I am so glad to have finally found my person. My soul mate. And I promise to cherish his existence for the rest of my life.

This is getting so emotional, I might cry. I wipe the tears from the waterline of my eyes and focus on the task at hand.

The fifth and the final gift for my husband is actually a spicy one. I'm really excited to get his reaction when he sees it!

Naman Mehra, you are in for a treat.