39. distance

"Maktub."

Kriti's P.O.V.

The ride back home from the airport was quite overwhelming. I was coming back alone which made me really sad, causing me to shed a tear or two.

I just hope he takes care of himself and that everything goes well.

When I entered our house, it felt empty. It didn't feel like home and that's when it hit me. It's not this house that I find my home in, it's him. It's Naman. He is my home. He is my safe place. God! I'm going to miss him like crazy.

I went to our and found this matte black box kept on the bed.

The gift.

Curiosity took over and I opened the box only to be left surprised.

This man, oh my god!

It was a umm *that*, itwasavibrator. Ahem, it was a vibrator.

I have literally never ever used a vibrator in my entire life and never did I think that my husband dearest would make me use it. I blushed profusely remembering how his text asked me to use it only while on call with him.

I chuckled at his antics and decided to quickly drop him a text.

Me
You are unbelievable.

Husband❤️
I'd like to take that as a
compliment, thanks.

Oh the sass, I love it! Shaking my head with a constant smile playing on my lips, I put the thing back in it's box and kept it on the side table and went out to sit in the open for sometime.

A few days later

"Kriti!" I felt someone shake my shoulder causing me to get startled. I looked around noticed my colleague, Zoya, sitting in front of my desk in my cabin.

"Where are you lost?" She asked.

"Nowhere. Tell me, what's up?" I lied.

The truth was that I was lost in the thoughts of this certain man who happens to be my husband. I am not joking when I say that he's running on my mind twenty four-seven.

Everything somehow leads up to him. I have never felt this way before, never. If somebody told me that it'd be difficult for me spend even twenty four hours without a this man, six months ago, I would definitely had laughed at their face. No jokes, I would have.

But as they say, love comes and finds you in the most unexpected ways during the most unexpected times and shapes you for the better. And I am glad I got to experience this.

Anyways, Kriti, focus. You need to work.

For the rest of the day, I worked relentlessly in my office and then finally, decided to head home at around five.

I didn't have anything to do at home these days, so after work, I usually watch some tv show or a movie or when it's match day for the husband, I watch him play. Today was one of those days, infact, it was the last day of the Australia tour.

We were winning the series and the results were pretty clear and in our favour. At work also I kept the match on the entire time and while on my way back home, too. We had won the series.

No words could describe how proud I feel every time I watch him and the entire team play and win for our country.

By the time I got back home, it was time for the post match presentation. I quickly switched to the television from my phone and made myself comfortable on the couch.