10. hey mom

There was forever in those eyes.

Few days later

Naman's P.O.V

I woke up with the sound of my ringing phone. I checked the time, it was seven o'clock in the morning. Who's calling me this early?

I picked up my phone from the side table next to my bed.

Mom calling.

Naman: Hello

Mom: Hello beta, jabse shaadi hui hai tabse toh tu maa ko bhool hi gaya hai. Hain? (You've forgotten your mom since you got married. Huh?)

Naman: Maa, aapko yaad aayi meri? Aapne bhi Toh nahi kiya phone. (Mom, you missed me? Even you didn't call.)

Mom: Accha woh sab chodh, Kriti ka dhyaan rakh raha hai tu ki nahi? (Okay, now leave that aside & tell me are you taking care of Kriti?)

Naman: Yes maa...

Mom: Acha beta, aaj mai tumlog se milne aa rahi hoon. Okay? (Okay son, today I'll be coming to meet you two. Okay?)

Naman: O-Okay. Kis time? (At What time?)

Mom: Around twelve!

Naman: Okay maa, bye!

Mom: Bye beta!

-Call ended-

Time to have some fun!

I went to Kriti's room & knocked.

Knock knock!

No answer.

I kept on knocking for like a minute but she didn't answer, clearly she's a heavy sleeper.

I decided to get ready until she wakes up.

Kriti's P.O.V

I woke up around 9:30 am, did all the morning chores & went to the living room only to find Naman, watching some cricket match.

Ugh. Why does he always watch matches?

He's a cricketer, Kriti.

Yeah, right.

I went to the kitchen and picked up a bowl, then filled the bowl with cornflakes & poured some milk into it & went to the living room.

"Mom's coming today." Naman told me while I was having my not-so-nice cornflakes.

"Shit. We have to shift in one room." I said as soon as it struck me.

"Why?" He asked. Is he mad?

"Mom doesn't know about...you know...that's why." I answered.

"Fuck." He cursed under his breath but I caught it. Then, he checked the clock, it was ten.

"At what time is she coming?" I asked him.

"12"

"And you're telling me now. Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked him.

I have to get ready, shift in his room & I have to prepare food. Wow.

"I came to wake you up, but you didn't wake up." he answered.