34. home

"And in the middle of all the chaos, there was you."

Naman's P.O.V.

"You've got everything, right?" I asked Kriti, as I picked up all of our stuff.

"I think so...let me just take a quick look at the room. Wait!" She said and went ahead to check the room.

We had to go back today, infact our flight was just in two hours. Paris has been so much more than what I expected it to be, for me. It has made things so much better and everything feels so right, so perfect.

Paris will always be special to me, always.

I looked at my beautiful wife with a smile on my face. Damn, how did I get so lucky?

This woman, right in front of me, means the world to me. She has taken over my life in a way nobody else has, in such a short period of time. It feels unreal.

I am so glad we came across each other, even if it wasn't how we expected it to be. It turned out to be the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to me.

"Naman!" She waved her hand in front of me as I came back to reality.

"Y-Yes?"

"Are you okay?" She asked.

No, I'm in love, baby.

"Yes, love. I'm alright."

"Okaaay. So, I checked the room and we're good. Let's go!" She informed as I nodded my head.

I intertwined our hands and we left for the airport.

In no time, we were on our flight and then finally, back to Mumbai.

"It feels so nice to be back home." She said the minute we stepped foot into our house.

Home.

A beautiful word, and to hear it from her is just surreal.

"You are my home, baby." I told her, which caused her to blush.

"As I should be." She said as a-matter-of-factly. I laughed in response.

"Oh before I forget, baby I've got to leave for Australia in a few days for a test series." I informed her.

"Oh." She got a little sad.

I pulled her to the bed where I was sitting, so that she was straddling me. I pecked her lips and then said, "I'll be back in just ten days, meri jaan."

She blushed.

"What?" I asked her.

"You called me meri jaan." She smiled, still blushing profusely.

"Ohh, so, you like being called meri jaan, huh?" I teased her.

"Mmhmm." Was her answer.

"Good, because I like calling you meri jaan." I answered, honestly.

"Can you come with me?" I asked her, even though I already knew the answer.

"Bunny, I can't, really. I have work and I've spent way too many days off. I need to get back." She replied.

"I know, baby. It's okay, I understand." I did understand. I know how important work is to her and how sincere she is about it. She loves what she does and I don't want to be the reason why she's staying away from doing stuff that she loves.

"I guess we'll have to spend some time apart, then." I said, I got sad, to be honest

I love being around her, I love breathing in the same room as her and I love being clingy. I don't know how am I going to spend ten days without her when I can't be away from her for ten hours. But duty calls, so I've got to do it.