28. after I met you

"You drew stars around my scars."

Kriti's P.O.V.

After our make out session ended, things got pretty awkward? I don't know, and I didn't know what to say after that happened. I really cannot contain myself around him these days but it's not my fault.

I didn't ask him to look hot all the time, like how man? How does this man manage to be so perfect even at like two at night?

Yes, it's currently two at night. Naman's sleeping next to me and I am sitting, with my head on the headboard, with my thoughts and the daily quota of overthinking.

My eyes move towards Naman and I wonder what does he dream about. Do I come into his dreams just as he does into mine? I see him in my bubble quite often. Heck, I even had a dream of him saying those three words to me. I had quite the sleep that night.

I run my fingers over his black T-shirt, which outlines his abs but he immediately gets up and sits up straight, like it's a reflex of something.

I am too shocked to speak because he just caught me off guard.

"What happened? Are you okay?" His sleepy voice is filled with care and concern as his eyes search for any sort of discomfort that is troubling me but when he doesn't find anything, his eyes come back to mine, waiting for me to reply.

"Uhh...N-Nothing. Umm...I was just..." Words didn't come out of my mouth because I didn't know what to say.

"Kriti...come here." He said as he pulled closer and adjusted me in his lap. His hands travelled to my waist and wrapped themselves around it while my hands were around his neck.

He caressed my cheeks and looked straight into my eyes and spoke, "Are you alright? Are you not feeling well?"

"No, No. I'm fine. I was just..." Ugh, Kriti. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. I cringed at my own response.

"I'm listening."

"I was just...yourabsarequitegood." I blurted out in hurry.

"Huh?"

"Your abs are quite good." I said, each word as clear as possible, as I internally face palmed myself.

Wait, Is he blushing? Oh my god.

Please pause this moment, god. He looks so beautiful.

While I was admiring him, he pulled me even closer if that was possible.

"Oh, is that so?" He asked, teasingly.

I just nodded since my mouth was dry because of the beautiful human in front of me.

"Say it again."

"Huh?" He wants me to say it again?

"You know what I mean."

"Umm...Your abs are pretty good..." I said and Naman's smile was clearly telling me that I was a blushing mess. Wow, Kriti. Good job.

"Can I ask you something?" I spoke after recovering from the earlier incident, lol.

"Mmhmm, what is it?"

"Why did get startled when I touched you? I mean, were you having a nightmare or something?" Okay, I know I'm bad at framing questions. Don't come at me.

His face went kind of pale after hearing to what I said, he cleared his throat and was about to say something but I beat him to it.

"It's okay if you're not comfortable answering, no pressure at all." I assured him.