17. test day 2

❝I broke all the rules I ever made, just for you.❞

Kriti's P.O.V

One of the many qualities that I admire about my husband is that he is super dedicated to his work & I absolutely love that about him.

Take today as an example, when I woke up this morning, he had already left for the game even though I woke up quite early today for a change.

I know we are not getting enough time for 'us' but I'm totally okay with it. Infact, I'm happy that at least I'm here with him to see him play for our country.

Oh and by the way, I am all dressed up and ready to leave for the stands.

One disadvantage of watching a match from the stadium is that, you have squint your eyes to properly see someone-you know who I am talking about hehe-but yeah, we've got some big screens to see the players but sometimes they focus on something, or rather someone else.

Anyways, I decide to pause all of these thoughts and actually leave otherwise I'll miss the starting of day two.

I quickly lock our room and go towards the elevator and quickly reach the ground floor. Then, I climb up the stairs of the stands to reach my seat. The fans are going crazy, may I add? They are all cheering and hooting and why wouldn't they? Cricket is like a religion in India, it runs in our blood. So, their cheering is understandable.

After climbing around thirty stairs, I finally reach the top row off the stadium and settle down among the wives. They are so fun to hangout with and they are such good company! We connect with each other like no one else. Now I can say that I finally have some friends in life haha.

We greet each other and then focus on the field. My eyes roam in every direction until they meet the familiar pair...Naman.

He was already looking at me and it's quite surprising because there a more than a thousand people in the stadium and I don't know how did he find me.

He smiled widely which I reciprocated. He asked me if I had breakfast with some hand gestures, which made the while crowd go crazy.

I nodded my head assuring him that I had my breakfast to which he smiled and that smile, oh my god, was enough for the butterflies to dance in my stomach.

I awed in my mind at this sweet little gesture from bunny until I felt someone nudging me in the ribs.

I looked in the direction only to find Natasa motioning me to look at the big LED screen which every stadium had. I glanced at it and noticed that it's camera was focused on me the whole time.

I couldn't help but chuckle at that and also blush, a little.

Then, the match started and India was playing really well.

During the drinks break, we took a lot if selfies which I even posted on my instagram stories. Yes, Rits and Nats literally forced me to restart my dead instagram account, not that I'm complaining, it's been so many years since I last used Instagram.

They even made me change my username from 'kritigupta' to 'kritimehra', again, not that I mind.

Day two ended with the Australian team at the score of two-hundred-fifty -three runs with eight wickets down.