46. healing

"People destined to meet will do so, apparently by chance, at precisely the right moment."

Kriti's P.O.V.

"Careful, Naman." I said as I helped him stand up on his feet.

It was recommended by the doctor to make him walk a few steps when he visited us for Naman's check up yesterday.

He even said that Naman's injuries are getting better, he just has to start practising the movement exercises now.

Naman stood up as he supported his hand in mine and the other around my shoulder.

"Now, slowly, take a step forward." I softly spoke.

I felt him put the pressure on his legs as he moved a step ahead, his face scrunched in pain as he stopped and closed his eyes.

"Fuck." He cursed, "It's tougher than I thought it would be."

"You can do it, baby. The beginning is the hardest part." I motivated him.

"Come on, one more step." I added.

We continued this for another half an hour and Naman actually did a great job. He bore the pain but didn't stop and I am so proud of him.

"You did great, bun. I am so proud of you." I spoke my heart.

A smile grew on his face and he muttered a 'thank you' after sitting on the bed.

Both of us got comfortable on the bed- I was laying on my side while his head was on my tummy as he laid sideways.

"Have you ever caught your parents having sex?" He asked out of nowhere.

"What?" I laughed out loud, "No! Have you?"

"Yeah, man!" He said while laughing.

"Tell me!" This is interesting.

"I was nine or ten, probably, this one night we had some guests over and we used to live in a small apartment at that time. It was a two BHK. So, I had to sleep with my parents and in the middle of the night, I heard some moaning and some movement next to me and I instantly knew that they were fucking." He said and made an 'ew' face.

"You're joking." I couldn't stop my laughter.

"Why would I joke about this, baby?" Point.

"Where was Arjun bhaiya?" I questioned.

"He was in boarding school!" He clarified.

"Wow! How did you feel after realising?" Was my next question.

"Disgusted! How would you feel if you caught your parents having sex?" He turned the tables on me.

"Disgusted." I honestly replied.

I cringed at the thought.

"Exactly, baby." He agreed.

"Listen, we'd make us kissing normal among our children. Okay?" He turned towards me and said.

Our children.

Butterflies.

"Okay and we'd be one of those cool parents! So that our kids wouldn't hesitate in talking to us about anything." I added.

"You get it, love. We'd be like their confidants." He suggested.

"That sounds nice!" We sat in silence.

"How many kids do you wanna have?" I asked him.

"That's on you, baby. It's your body, how many do you wanna have?"

Adorable, this man is.

"Probably like, two? I feel like siblings are really important." I suggested.

"Two, it is, then!"

"Do you wanna have a girl or a boy?" I asked him.

This conversation was making us both blush like crazies! Discussing our future and talking about kids while sitting in our beautiful home felt so beautiful and so heartwarming.

"I'd love a mini you running around and ruling over my heart like her mum! What about you?" He replied with this gorgeous smile on his face.

"And I'd love a mini you running around and ruling over my heart like her dad." I smiled and he did too.

He kissed my boob because it was the closest to his face which sent shivers down my spine but also made me chuckle.

"We'd have a detailed conversation about kids when we're ready to have them. I don't think I wanna share you with anybody, I want you all to myself, baby." He confessed which made my heart swell with love.

"All of me belongs to all of you, always." My voice held sincerity and I think that's what he needed to hear.

"Good."

"I am so glad I found my way to you, Kriti. It feels as if I've known you since eternity, like we've had some past life connection. You know? You feel like you're my person, you feel like home. It's like all of the lifetimes I've lived through, all this time, my purpose was to find you. It's you who I'm sent to find, you who I belong to." I will sob. Is he even real?

"I don't even know what did I even do to deserve you, honestly, Naman. You make everything so easy, like I always used to hesitate while talking about my future to literally everybody but with you, it's all too different. Too simple." I confessed.

"That was my condition too because you happened. My sole focus in my life was my career, no girlfriends or plans of getting married but since you've walked into my life, everything feels really sorted. It's like I want to have a family with you, I want to take care of you and I want us to grow old together." He looked into my eyes as he spoke.

"I think everything falls into place when it's the right person and the right time. It's like that Ralph Emerson quote, 'People destined to meet will do so, apparently by chance, at precisely the right moment.' I think it fits us perfectly." I said.

"That is a pretty accurate quote." He took a pause and then resumed, "I just want you to know, baby, that I may be difficult to handle at times but just know that my love for you will never fade. I will love you for as long as we both shall live and even beyond that. Just please, don't ever leave me. You're my favourite person and I can't find my means without you." He said sincerely.

"Do you even know how tough it was for me to be away from you for this whole month? I literally had alarms set for odd times just to watch the re-runs of you matches to see you, baby. I never knew I could be so in love with someone as much as I am with you. I would never even think of leaving you." I told him.

"You always make me fall in love with you a little bit more than a before and I'm glad that you do." We smiled.

"But you've got to promise me one thing!" I spoke.

"Anything, baby." Was his reply.

"Whenever we fight, we'll always talk everything out, no matter how messy it gets. I don't want to lose you. You know, when I got to know that you've injured yourself, I got so scared, Naman. I don't know how to explain that feeling, I've never felt that way about anyone but I just cannot even stand the thought of you going away from me."

"That's never happening. I am here, with you, always. And I promise that we'll always talk everything out and be brutally honest with each other."

"I love you." I whispered.

He moved his head up towards mine and sealed his lips with  mine as they moved in sync- perfect.

He smiled into the kiss and whispered, "I love you."

Soon, we parted to catch our breaths and that's when I said, "Also, bunny, you're my favourite person, too."

Author's note:

Follow the 'gram for all the updates and extras, @kaysslibrary or click on the link in my bio.