55. the world cup finals pt. 1

"In this lifetime and the others,
you and I are meant to be
next to each other."

Kriti's P.O.V.

The day is finally here.

My husband is going to play the World Cup finals, tonight. It would be an understatement if I say that I'm excited.

I'll be seeing him tonight, after two months, I cannot keep calm.

I picked up my bag from the conveyor belt as I walked out of the airport. I left for the UAE last night in order to be here for the finals, as I promised him.

Today, as a matter of coincidence, is Karva Chauth. It is an Indian festival wherein the wives go on a full day of no water, no food fast for the long life of their husbands.

In the evening, they break their fast by sipping on some water after the moonrise. It is the celebration of marriage and love.

This is my first time and I am so excited. I talked to Naman's mom yesterday and she gave me all the necessary details about the ritual and she was just as excited as I was! She is the best mother-in-law I could ever ask for.

As soon as I reached the hotel, I started getting ready because I had really less time at hand. The match would begin in a couple of hours and I had to get ready and leave for the stadium.

I wore a beautiful red kurti set with minimal jewellery and a bit of makeup. I let my hair loose, the touched my shoulders and had a natural wavy look to themselves which looked good. Then, I quickly wore my silver heels, grabbed my purse and exited the hotel.

Once I was at the stadium, it took me no time to find Natasha and then, together, we went to the stands to find our seats.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the moment we've all been waiting for is here. I would like to welcome the captain of the Indian cricket team, Mr. Naman Mehra, and the New Zealand captain, Mr. Kane Williamson, for the toss." I heard the commentary and my eyes immediately fixed themselves to the ground.

And then, I saw him walking towards the commentator in all his glory.

My heart beat increased and my stomach did a somersault.

There's something incredibly sexy about the way my husband walks, as if he owns the world. The power he holds, the authority he commands is enough to silence the thousands of people sitting in this stadium.

The commentator flipped the coin and I heard Naman call out 'Heads' in the mic.

The commentator signalled towards my husband and later Naman shook hands with his opponent.

They won the toss.

"We'd bowl first." Naman declared.

His voice, oh my god. It was enough to leave me in a puddle. I-I actually have nothing to say but to just squeeze my thighs together.

After answering a few more questions,Naman walked back to the dressing room and soon, the first innings began.

New Zealand was performing commendably well. Their batting line up was well selected and the players were spitting fire from their bats.

It took us quite some time to get the first wicket but then, we got the next two wickets relatively sooner. India was doing as much as it can in order to slow their opponents down but New Zealand was just amazing.

It ignited a sense of nervousness and anxiety inside of me but I was confident.

In my husband, and in the Indian team.

The first innings came to an end with a score of '356-6'. In order to win the cup, India had to chase 357 runs.

Damn, that's a good score to chase.

A few hours later

"And now, it's time for the strategic time out." Came the announcement and I saw a couple of the team members, Yuzi and Siraj bhai, carrying water and a towel for the men on the pitch- Rahul and Naman.

He opened for the team today, along with Shikhar. India has lost two wickets, as of now, and has secured eighty three runs, Naman- fifty two.

My eyes were set on the screen so that I could look at my husband better. Naman took the towel from Yuzi and wiped the sweat off from his face and neck after removing his helmet. Then, Yuzi opened a bottle of water and offered it to him which, to everyone's surprise, he declined.

Yuzi said something to him to which Naman replied back with something causing Siraj bhai to smile and Yuzi pat his back while a smirk on his face as he said something.

I frowned, why is he not having water even though he's sweating a lot and of course, running constantly?

"Is he fasting with you?" Natasha asked in response to which I shrugged.

Her question left me wondering if Naman is actually fasting? Maybe he just doesn't want to drink water, at the moment!

The match resumed and Naman started hitting like a God. He completed his century within the next two overs but he didn't celebrate it.

I knew why, because of the determination and dedication to win the cup. He's aiming at only celebrating when he lifts the trophy and I don't know why but this was incredibly sexy for me.

To be clear about what he wants and putting everything to achieve it, it's hot.

"And that's an out!" I heard the commentary, my eyes immediately darted to the ground where I saw the opponents celebrating and Rahul departing to the dressing room.

Shit, third wicket down.

Shubman walked down as the crowd cheered. Naman said something to him to which he nodded and took the strike.

In no time, Shubman and Naman were hitting like canons. The way they were playing was out of this world. It was fire on fire and boy, was the atmosphere thick and hot!

Naman was only five runs away from his double century. The bowler did his run up, threw the ball towards him in response to which Naman moved a step forwards and hit him for a six.

The crowd erupted in cheers, one could go deaf with the intensity and loudness of the cheers.

But, to everybody's utter shock and disbelief, the umpire's finger shot up indicating it was an out.