49. dawn

"When everything falls apart,
I want you to stay."

Naman's P.O.V.

"I think I'm going to resign." I put my phone down and looked up.

Kriti was standing, her hair a bit messy and her face held worry lines.

"Is everything okay?" I walked towards her.

"I-" she took a pause, "I don't know."

I held her hand and made her sit on the bed and I sat next to her.

"Tell me, love." I spoke softly.

"Naman, I...I feel like I'm not moving forward- work wise. I feel like I'm stuck in a loop. I mean I chose this job but now, I want to move to the next step. Everyday I wake up and I have this question lingering in my head that 'what's next?'." She confessed.

"What do you wanna do after resigning?" I asked her.

"I think I am going to start my own fashion line." She said confidently. A smile made its way on my face as I looked up to her face.

"Really?" I asked her while the smile still played on my lips.

"Yes. Yes, I have saved up enough in the past few years and I think my designs are worth taking the risks for." She replied.

"I am sure they are, love. Look, just know that whatever you choose, I am here by your side. In all ways and if I can be of any help, you just have to say the word." I told her.

"I know. I just- I am just a little nervous. I've worked in this company for six years and I just can't help but wonder if it's the right thing that I am doing." She released a breath.

"Kriti, I understand how you feel, I've been through the same and since I have, I think it is my duty to tell you that there's no fun without risks! This fashion line could reach new heights and speak to the the world or it might not, but what's more important is that you overcome the fear of taking risks. You'll learn, no matter what it turns out to be." I told her.

"And I am pretty confident that it's going to be revolutionary." I added to which she chuckled.

"You're really that confident, huh?" She asked.

"When it comes to you, yes." I answered.

We smiled.

"I really think you should do it." I said after the pause.

"I think I am. Yes, I am going to do this." She said and pecked my lips.

"Thank you for this, baby." She said after her lips left mine.

Four days later

"Good job, Naman!" I heard her say as I walked by myself without any support.

I did it. I'm walking, without holding onto anything. And I'm walking like before.

"I think you're going to start running in no time now, baby. Ah, this makes me so happy!" My wife squealed as she wrapped her arms around me and mine automatically made their way to her waist.

"I am so proud of you." She told me.

"It couldn't have been without you, meri jaan." I said.

Two weeks later

"Naman, I think you're being really inconsiderate right now." Kriti said.

"I am being inconsiderate? Wow!" I opened my suitcase and aggressively put all my clothes in there.

"Yes. I just told you that I can't spare two months out of work, especially when I'm about to resign and travel around the world with you." She was getting irritated. Too bad, so was I.

"You know I can't be away from you for two weeks and you're talking about not seeing me for two fucking months." My voice increased its volume.

"Do you think I can? Of course, I can't! But I don't have any other option, Naman. Why don't you get it?" She matched my voice.

"How does it matter? You're resigning anyways, Kriti."

"Exactly why. I have to handover everything and guide the person taking my position once I leave!" She explained.

"You know what? Fine, don't come." I marched out of the room, not before closing the door with a loud thud.

Am I overreacting? Yes.

Am I too angry to care about it? Also, yes.

I was anyways away from her for almost three months and then I got fucking injured. And then I was bedridden for the next two months and now not seeing her for another two months is something I can't afford. I don't want to.

I want her by my side, all the time. I am fucking obsessed with this woman. What has she done to me?

Ugh, I don't know how am I going to spend my time in UAE. The time zone is different and moreover, I'll be in my World Cup form- meaning, I'd be away from my phone or laptop as much as I can and would focus entirely upon the game I play. We'd barely get time to talk to each other, let alone face-timing for hours.

Jesus, I don't know what to do.

I guess I'm going alone.

The next day

I zipped my suitcase after putting my shoes and then turned around to find her, watching intently.

"You sure you don't wanna come?" I already knew the answer.

"Naman..." She gave me a sad smile as she walked towards me. "Come here." She said as she engulfed me into a hug- her hands around my neck and mine around her waist, as set by default.

I took a deep sniff of her neck as I grasped in her smell so that I can feel her near me.

"I'll miss you, baby." I said against her skin.

"I know. I'll miss you, too. More than you can imagine." She said.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you for no reason yesterday, I just..." I couldn't find the right words.

"I know, it's okay." Now, that's what I mean when I say she completes me.

With her, I don't have to put what I feel into words for her understand. She just gets it, without me saying anything.

"I really wish you could come." I told her.

"I do too, bunny. But I'll be there for the finals, I promise." She replied.

"You think we're going to make it to the finals?" I asked her, a bit surprised with her level of confidence.

"I know you're going to make it to the finals, Naman." She said in a go, no hesitation, no second thoughts, no doubts.

This confidence, this faith is what keeps me going. It makes me want to give my best on the field because at the back of my head, I know she's put her faith into me and I would hate myself if I ever let my girl down.

We stood still for some time until my smart watch beeped, indicating it's time for me to leave.

The alarm had no effect on Kriti, so, I softly spoke, "Baby...".

"Just two more minutes, please." She tightened her grip on me and it made me smile.

I pulled her even closer if that possible and buried my face into her neck, not ready to let go.