43. hospital

"Something tells me I'm going to love you forever."

Kriti's P.O.V.

"Hi baby."

"You've been crying." He stated with a frown.
He moved his working hand towards me and ran his fingers over the tear marks.

"Do you have any idea what I fucking went through? And you wake up after 27 hours and you say 'hi baby' as if nothing's happened. Wow!" I scolded him as I got up to have a glass of water.

"Baby, I-"

"No, what possible explanation would you have for this?" I started moving towards him, in anger, and he shifted in his bed.

"Baby, listen to me naa-"

"Oh, so you think me listening to you will fix this? I'm so fucking mad at you, Naman!"

"You are so fucking irresponsible." I put my finger on his chest.

"I'm sorry, baby, I really am." He apologised but there was this smirk playing on his lips.

"So, you're sorry now? You know what, I'd also get my hand and leg broken one day and then say sorry to you! That'd be fucking gre-" He silenced me by smashing his lips on mine.

My eyes closed as I savoured him and his hand went around my neck. I was still standing next to him while he was on the patient bed, half laying.

My hair fell on his chest as he pulled me closer to him, I bent down to give him more room. My hands travelled to his cheeks as he deepened the kiss.

There's an entire zoo uncaged in my tummy.

When we desperately needed to breathe, we pulled apart, Naman was staring at me and I, at him.

"I missed this, so fucking much." He said.

Why is his voice so sexy? Like it's the sexiest.

"Sit." He gestured towards the space near him.

"Naman, it might hurt you."

"Sit, Kriti. I need you close to me. We can't be in the same room without our bodies touching." I sat. He has that effect on me.

"Oh shit, I need to tell Arjun bhaiya and Hardik that you're up! One sec, baby." I said and called them.

In no time, they came upstairs and were in the room.

"How do you feel, captain?" Asked Hardik.

"Better." Naman replied as Arjun bhaiya checked his leg and wrist.

"Did we win?" Was Naman's question to Hardik and suddenly, he was in his all professional, Indian captain mode.

"We did." A small smile formed on his lips.

"But you shouldn't have gone for the catch, bro, the ball was high and look where it got you!" Hardik said.

"Yes, please, tell him, Hardik." Arjun bhaiya glared at Naman.

"I did what I was my job as a fielder and injuries happen while playing. It's not a big deal, bhaiya."

"Not a big deal, huh? Look at your wife, she's been fucking crying since she got to know about the news. Our families are worried and stressed and you're here saying it's not a big deal. What a man you are, Naman Mehra." Bhaiya gave Naman a shot of reality and boy, did he look guilty now.

"I-" he paused for a moment, "I am sorry. I didn't know I've got you all so tensed. But I'm here and I'm okay, just a few broken bones." He tried to lighten the atmosphere.

Arjun bhaiya hugged Naman, "I love you, Naman. You scared us is all." He asked softly.

I mean that's the thing about families, you scold the person you love and then you tell them that you love them. They're adorable!

Hardik also gave him a hug and then proceeded to say, "The boys were all really worried about you and were all so set to come along but I asked them not to since it'd cause a great crowd in the hospital."

"You did the right thing, Hardik. Baby, please drop in a text to the group chat that I'm fine."

I nodded my head while Hardik decided to grab some coffee for us all. Arjun bhaiya sat on one of the couches and called Ishika bhabhi to inform her.

"Uh, Naman, what's the password of your phone?" I asked him.

"It's your name." He replied in a go.

"Y'all are cute." Arjun bhaiya remarked and I blushed.

I quickly dropped in a text to the Indian Team group chat telling everyone that Naman is alright.

"The doctor's coming to visit." Hardik came back to the room and informed us.

And within a few minutes, Dr. Walker walked in the room.

"Mr. Mehra, how are you feeling?" Was his first question as he settled down on the stool and examined his wrist.

"Just fine, doctor." He answered. I could tell it was hurting him when the doctor was examined his knee.

"On a scale of 1-10, how much would you rate the pain on your wrist?" The doctor questioned Naman.

"An eight." He replied.

"And on the leg?"

"Nine."

"I see, let me give you an injection which will help in reducing the pain and you'll feel better." The doctor suggested.

"That won't be necessary, doctor. I can manage this." He hesitated.

Oh! So, Mr. Mehra is afraid of injections.

Cute.

"No no, doctor please, do what is required." Arjun bhaiya said to the doctor.

"And Naman, you're still afraid of injections?" He further added.

"I'm not a-afraid, bhaiya." Hahahaha, he's adorable.

"Sure." Arjun bhaiya said sarcastically.

The doctor filled the syringe with the medicine and moved towards Naman to inject it.

"W-Wait, doctor." Naman panicked.

"Baby, let me hold your hand, please." He looked at me, cutely.

"Of course." I said and moved towards him and held his hand.

As the doctor proceeded with his task, Naman's grip on my hand tightened and tightened.

I looked at him and he had his eyes closed as he held my hand, I drew circles on the back of his hand with my thumb to calm him.

It was over within a second and then Naman loosened his grip on my hand.

"You okay?" I asked him.

He nodded his head and then, the doctor spoke, "You should sleep, now, Mr. Mehra. The medicine induces sleep."

"He's right. You should rest, Naman." I added.

I repositioned Naman's bed to a sleeping position as it could recline.

I sat next to him on the stool while Arjun bhaiya left to get the medicines which the doctor asked him to.

Naman held my hand and closed his eyes and soon, his breathing softened as sleep engulfed him. And I sat there admiring the sight in front of me.

God, I missed being around him.