40. england

"Eye contact and then that little smile."

Naman's P.O.V.

"Heads." I called out right after the coin was tossed.

Today was the first day of the India vs England test series. And I was out in the field for the toss.

"It's tails." The guy announced and the captain of the England team, Ben Stokes, and I shook hands.

He walked towards the mic and announced, "We'll bowl first." Damn, I would've picked the same thing if we had won the toss.

Anyways, we're prepared for every situation and we will give our best for our country.

I answered a few questions which were asked to me after Ben and then walked towards the drawing room.

We had a team strategy meeting, where all of us put forth our inputs as to how we could win the series.

I love this about the boys, we have this freedom around us where nobody hesitates to speak how they feel or to give ideas whereas at the same time, they also respect the decisions and tough calls that I make, as the captain. We have that between us.

The game started in no time and the openers went in to do their job. I was sitting in the balcony observing everything that was happening.

I took the pitch in and made strategies in my mind if the wicket falls, since I had to go on the fourth number.

I was padded up and all ready to go to the field and do what I do best, among other things.

The first wicket fell after an over, followed by the second and this meant that it was my turn. I walked down the stairs while the fans were hooting and cheering louder than ever.

I didn't let that budge my focus and I kept my mind right on my game.

England is a great competition to the Indian team. Their bowling is commendable and I would try nothing less than staying on the pitch, playing for as long as I can.

A great partnership would benefit the team a lot.

"I've got this, don't worry." I told Hardik, who was on the other side of the crease, as I fist bumped him.

I walked to the crease, adjusted my helmet and then, I looked right in the bowler's eye. There's no better weapon than confidence and I have a lot of that in me.

The bowler ran towards the the pitch and bowled the ball towards me. I noticed the pace of the ball and moved a step forward and hit the ball with all my might.

The ball, in no time, reached the stands.

Six.

Without thinking too much about it, I went back to my initial position and the match resumed.

Kriti's P.O.V.

"And that's another six from the captain! What a player he is! Here for the team when it needed him the most, Muscle Mehra everybody." I clapped as loud as could as I could while a proud smile played on my lips.

Naman is playing so well! He is like the knight in shining armour for the team right now.

The initial wickets feel off really soon and the runs the team had made at that time were really less but then walked in Naman Mehra and started his magic.

"And with this four, Naman completes his century. This is one for the history books. 102 runs off just 43 balls, now that's what defines this man. He is going places."

He is.

Just when I think that I couldn't be prouder of this man, he- very smoothly-proves me wrong. And I'm so glad that he does.

Every time he hits a four or a six, I get excited in the living room and go like,

That's my man, that's my husband!

Naman had his confident smile adorning his face as he raised his bat and kissed our wedding ring.

I love him. I love him, so much.

The match continued and the first innings came to an end with Naman at 183, not out. The team managed to score a big number and we were back in the game!

I couldn't talk to Naman that day because he stays away from his phone during the match days, I missed his voice and him a lot though.

I was in my office, the next day, when a phone call shattered and hit me like an airplane.

Author's note:

(I'd be thankful if you read the entire thing.)

Happy 40th chapter, y'all!
I did not expect the book to reach this far, when I started I just thought it'll end with like twenty five or thirty chapters, but wow! We've come a long way.

I know it's been too long since the book started and I've not been able to give you the regular updates you deserve, I am really sorry for that.

It's just that I've been juggling between studies and this and a lot of other things, but I'm trying to update as much as possible. Thank you for understanding. You all mean the world to me, I love you.

Questions for today:
Summers or Winters?
Rain or Snow?
Spicy or Sweet?
Biryani or Fried Rice?
Coffee or Tea?

Make sure to follow the instagram, @kaysslibrary . Please recommend the book to your reader friends or anybody in general, it would help me out a lot.

Also, sorry for the cliffhanger! Love you.