Chapter 18- Angels To Die

Ally's eyes fluttered open as she groaned and quickly grabbed her head. "Ally," she heard a soft voice say. "Ally baby, how are you doing?" Ally tried to get her eyes to focus as she finally saw her mothers face looking down upon her. "Mom? Where am I?" Ally asked confused. "You're in the hospital. You fell at a party and hit your head pretty hard. They think you have a minor concussion," her mom explained. Ally laughed, "Wow, leave it to me to be that clumsy!" Ally's mom brushed her arm softly and gave her a concerned smile, "I'm fine mom. Really," Ally said consoling her mom. Ally closed her eyes trying to remember what really was causing her head to hurt. She felt her heart flutter quickly as she remembered seeing Harry lying on the floor as well. Had he passed out? What happened to him? It was driving her crazy that she couldn't remember. "Mom, where's Harry?" Ally asked slightly panicked. Her mom's mouth formed a straight line as she finally spoke, "Ally, I don't want you to worry, but, Harry isn't doing to well." Her mom said. Ally sighed, clearly agitated. "Not doing so well? What does that even mean? Where is he?" Ally asked angrily. Her mom spoke slowly, "Ally, Harry is in a coma." Ally felt her heart stop. "No. You're lying," Ally said denying it. "Ally I would never lie about such a thing. They don't know when he is going to wake up but they know his memory won't be as good as it was before. That means he might not remember you," Her mom said sadly. "I'm going to go get a drink of water. I'll be back." Ally's mom got up and left the room. Ally felt warm tears begin to fall from her eyes. She felt as if she was in a nightmare she couldn't wake up from. She held her eyes shut tightly until she heard a pair of footsteps coming towards her bed. A warm hand touched her shoulder, "Ally?" The voice was so smooth, she recognized it right away, "Cavan," she said. She opened her eyes and saw his beautiful eyes staring down at her. "How are you doing Ally?" Ally tried to speak but no words came out. Cavan pulled her in a sitting position and held her in close. She was wrapped inside of his warm embrace and cried into his t-shirt. He rubbed her back and put his nose in her hair. He whispered consolations in her ear, which made her cry harder. He squeezed her close as she looked up at him with red eyes. "Aw, Ally. It's okay. He is going to wake up and they don't even know his condition. He might not have lost any memory at all. He might still remember you. There is no reason to panic," Cavan said soothingly. Ally just nodded as she curled up back inside of his arms.

~

Ally slowly opened her tired eyes and looked around, realizing she was still in the hospital. She cautiously sat up, making sure she wouldn't get dizzy. She felt so much better. She carefully sipped from the cold glass of water on the bed stand next to her as she heard someone come in. "Hey, you're up!" said Cavan. Ally smiled, "Yeah! I feel so much better. How long have I been out?" "Oh. Hm. About three days," Cavan said easily. Ally choked on her water. "Three days?" she asked shocked. "Yeah, you needed it Allycat. You should be released today," he said. Ally smiled. She loved the fact that Cavan had a nickname for her.

~

Before she knew it, Ally's tests had finally been finished. The first thing she wanted to do was check on Harry. To her surprise, he was awake. She heard him groan as he slowly opened his eyes. She smiled and walked towards him. Cavan stood by her side watching Harry awake. Harry slowly looked up at Ally. "Hi Harry," Ally said happily. Harry sighed and smiled. "Hi. Are you the nurse? Do you think I could have a glass of water?" Harry asked. Ally giggled, "Harry stop playing. I'm so happy you're up!" Ally said. Harry looked at her confused. "Oh. You're not the nurse? I just thought- if you're not the nurse then why are you in here? Harry asked. Ally was getting irritated, "Harry c'mon stop. I've missed you and now you're thinking this is funny?" Ally laughed a sarcastic laugh. Harry had no response. "Harry," Ally said sternly. "Harry? Answer me now," Ally commanded. Harry looked at her silently. A nurse rushed in and grabbed Ally by the arm. "Get out of here now," said the nurse. She pushed Ally aside and started to play around with all of the IV's in Harry's arms. "Excuse me. Who do you think you are? I'm Harry's girlfriend. I have a right to be in here," Ally said back. "GET OUT OF HERE. Or I am calling security," the nurse yelled. Ally didn't move and the nurse pushed the security button. Two men came in and grabbed Ally's arm, pulling her out. "Hey, don't touch her like that," Cavan said. He pushed the men off of Ally and gently took her hand, "Ally's' lets go I don't want you getting hurt," Cavan said convincingly. "Cavan, I'm not leaving Harry," she protested. Cavan bent down and gripped Ally's hips, picking her up. Ally began shouting and kicking. She stuck her arm out and called Harry's name. She saw a nurse come near her and before she knew it, everything had gone black again.

~

Ally awoke once more and saw Cavan standing over her. "What the hell happened this time? Why does everything keep going black?" Ally asked angrily. Cavan snickered. "They said you were scaring Harry and being to obnoxious. So they just gave you a shot," Cavan said. Ally laughed. "Wow, I should sue. That has to be illegal or something!" She said jokingly. The doctor walked in and sat down next to Cavan, looking down at Ally. "Hi Ally. Sorry we had to do that to you, but you were really frightening Harry," the doctor said. Ally just looked at him. The doctor sighed, "Anyway, I came in here to inform you about Harry's condition. I'm not going to sugar coat anything and just get to the point. Harry is not doing to well with his memory. We called in his parents and sister and so far he remembers them, but beyond that things get blurry. He doesn't remember you Ally. He wasn't joking around when he thought you were the nurse. His memory will come back, hopefully, but sadly we do not know when. I'm really sorry Ally," the doctor said. Ally had no response. Her whole body was numb. And with that, the doctor got up and touched Ally's arm, "I am sorry." He walked out of the room, leaving Ally alone with Cavan. Ally sat there silently and Cavan did not speak. She felt her face scrunch up and her nose begin to sting. Cavan looked at her, and automatically knew. He lay down next to Ally and cradled her into him. She cried into his chest. He held her as her breath went quickly and tears endlessly flowed from her eyes. He hugged her close and brushed his fingers through her hair. Cavan felt a tear fall from his eye, too.

SO THAT IS CHAPTER 18. I HOPE YOU LIKED IT!!! AND I HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT. Since I am on winter break I will be posting two chapter this week!! YAY. OK I HOPE YOU ALL LIKED IT LOVE YOU ALL. FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @FiveHarmonies OKAY LOVE YOU ALL BYE.