Chapter 25- Rush

Ally’s POV

I attempted to swallow the lump in my throat as my heart rate began to steady once again. I knew Sarah would do something like this it was so typical. I tried to hold back my tears as I opened my mouth to speak. “Shouldn’t you get back to class now Sarah?” I asked, as snippy as possible. She turned her head to glance at the clock as she gave me an angry glare. She turned to face Harry as she planted a kiss on his plump lips. “I better get back baby. I don’t wanna get detention,” she purred in his ear. He nodded before dropping his arm from around her waist and waving goodbye as she sauntered back down the hall. I picked at my fingernails, refusing to make eye contact with Harry. “Hey, wait a second. I remember you from the beginning of the year! You missed the first day of class because you were on the roof or something,” Harry said. I looked up at his sparkling green eyes as a light smile danced across my face. “Yeah. You also tutored me for a while because I have no idea what I’m doing in this class,” I said. The bell rang before we could continue the conversation and I sluggishly picked up my bag, wishing the day would end already.

~ (Friday Night)~

I aimlessly scrolled down my tumblr dash as I heard my phone buzz beside me. From: Lauren “Hey girl! We’re all doing something tonight wanna come?” I smiled, happy that they all wanted to do something. “Sure! What’s the plan?” I responded. I laid my phone back down beside me as I heard it buzz less then a second later. I picked up the phone, curious how Lauren had responded so quickly, but to my surprise it wasn’t from her. From: Cavan “Hey Ally. I know I should probably be saying this in person, but I’m sorry for what happened in Vegas. Maybe we could go out to dinner tomorrow night? Just let me know. X” I was about to respond, but thought differently. I went back in my phone to check the newly received message from Lauren. “We were just gonna grab some dinner and stuff; nothing too exciting. I’ll be there in 5 to pick you up.” I smiled as I quickly ran a brush through my long brown hair and touched up my mascara. I heard the honking from below as I quickly threw on my dark gray Toms and closed the door behind me.

~

I looked out of the car window as Lauren pulled the car over and stopped. “The girls are already here, so we can just go in and meet them!” she said happily. “Where are we?” I asked looking around. “You’ll see,” she responded as she got out of the car. I walked in the unknown building as the smell of warm food filled my senses. The sound of someone singing live soon caught my attention. A karaoke bar. We were at a karaoke bar. I smiled widely as Lauren’s small hand grabbed mine and pulled me toward a table right near the stage. Camila, Dinah, and Normani all waved simultaneously at our arrival. Camila stood up immediately to greet me, then Lauren with a long hug. The rest of the girls stayed seated as I joined them while Camila and Lauren talked amongst themselves, still standing up. “Hey girl! So happy you made it!” Normani said, touching my leg for a moment. “Yeah dawg. It wouldn’t be the same without you here!” Dinah added in smiling. I smiled back at them; happy I had come as well. Camila and Lauren finally sat down as the waitress came over and took drink orders. “Ah! I can’t wait to eat,” Camila said with a sigh. The rest of us nodded in agreement as we casually talked, waiting for the waitress to come back. After stuffing our faces, Camila and Lauren stood up in front of us. “Alright! Who’s ready to get up on that stage!” Lauren announced. Dinah, Normani, and I all looked at each other as Camila nodded her head in the background. I shrugged my shoulders. “Well I’m down!” I said. The two other girls nodded in agreement as we all huddled together. “So what are we going to sing?” Normani asked curiously. “I was thinking we could sing We Are Never Getting Back Together? I’m pretty sure all of us know the words to that song,” Lauren answered. “Yes! That’s a song you can twerk to!” Dinah said with slight humor. We all giggled before separating from our tight huddle. “I’ll go request the song,” Camila said, walking away. “Wait! I’ll go with you! Lauren said, running to be next to Camila. Lauren gave us thumbs up, signaling for us to take the stage as we all climbed the steps and made our way over to the microphones. We quickly made one last huddle as we each assigned our different parts of the song. Although it was unrehearsed, I still felt comfortable getting up there with those girls. The music started as Normani began her part. We joined her in harmony. Lauren sang the next part as her sweet voice echoed around the room. Camila, Normani, and Dinah responded with the next part of the song as I realized my part was coming up. I shook the nerves off as I hit the beat right on time. I felt myself let go as the rest of the girls joined in and we continued the song. It felt so free and natural to be up there with them. Our harmonies came together and created a beautiful sound. We each took our parts and sang together as the song came to an end. I looked around the room for the first time, realizing it was a full house. A clap began in the front row as it continued to the back and we received a standing ovation. I covered my mouth with my small hand as I giggled and turned to Normani next to me. We laughed and all bowed at the same time as we left the stage.

~

“Oh my God! That was such a rush!” I said loudly as we walked back to Lauren’s car. “I know! And if I say so myself, I think we sounded pretty rad!” Camilia said excitedly. We talked and laughed the whole way back to Lauren’s house as we all got out of the car. “Crap! I forgot my stuff to stay over!” I said in realization. “It’s alright I got you covered,” Lauren answered with a sweet smile. We walked into her house as we all got comfy and sat in a circle. “So, what’s the deal with you and Cavan?” Lauren asked with a wink. The rest of the girls leaned in as they awaited my response. “Nothing really. I mean he took me to Vegas for a couple of days as an early birthday present and because I had just gotten out of the hospital. On the way home we got in a fight because, once again, he said something about Harry that I didn’t like,” I responded with slight sound of sadness. “What did he say?” Normani asked curiously. “I don’t really remember. Something along the lines of that I’m in love with a guy who doesn’t even remember me. It just really hurt because I’m trying not to think that way about Harry right now. I know he doesn’t remember me yet but I have faith that he will,” I answered. “Did you ever think that maybe Cavan is just in love with you and it hurts him to know that you don’t love him back?” Lauren asked. It took me a second to let the words really sink in before I answered. “But it’s different. I knew Harry and we had been dating. You don’t just say that to someone,” I said slightly defensive. “Yeah but Cavan loves you. He has for a while. He’s clearly a very sensitive guy. I know we have all said this to you a hundred or so times but you should really just give him a chance. You know how it feels when the one you love doesn’t love you back. And it hurts. A lot. So just cut Cavan some slack, he’ just really hurt I guess,” Lauren said in response. “So are you taking his side?” I asked confused. “No. Ally, you’re taking it the wrong way. Just give Cavan a chance. You might be surprised. Maybe you have feelings that you never even knew were there,” Lauren said. I nodded my head as Dinah got the sign to change the subject as she began to talk about how to booty pop. The rest of the girls’ attention was drawn from me as I stared down at the floor. Maybe Lauren was right. She had said something like this to me before, but I really hadn’t given Cavan a chance. She always knew what to say to me. I looked over to the phone that sat beside me and picked it up. I scrolled down to the text I had received earlier that night. I opened a blank page to send a new message as my fingers tapped across the old keyboard. To: Cavan “Hey! Sorry I didn’t answer sooner. Please don’t worry about it. I understand you were just upset. I’m sorry too! And that sounds great, I’d love to :) X,” I sent the message as a small smile spread across my face. 

HEY GUYS HOPE YOU LIKED CHAPTER 25 SORRY IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO POST IT. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK YOU HAVE BEEN GIVING ME AND I HOPE YOU LIKE THE STORY SO FAR! IF YOU WANT UPDATES FOR THE STORY YOU CAN FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @FiveHarmonies OK THANKS I LOVE YOU BYE.