Chapter 16- Singing at Midnight

Ally awoke slowly turning to see she was still next to Harry. She gently picked his arm off of her and laid it down. She slowly got up and began to gather her things. She picked up her phone and realized she had a message from Dinah: Hey girl! Sleepover at my place tonight! Be there by 8. See you then girl :) Ally smiled, looking forward to tonight. She heard Harry grumble in the background as she turned to see him yawn as his bright green eyes looked at her. He smiled, "Hi babe." Ally giggled and flopped back on the bed next to him, "Hi." "So, what do you want to do tonight?" Harry asked casually. "Actually, I'm going over to Dinah's tonight for a sleepover," she said. Harry sighed, clearly disappointed. Ally cupped his chin in her hand, "Sorry babe." She pecked his cheek and began to gather the last of her things. "Well, I better go to work now before I'm late again. Wanna drive me?" Ally asked. Harry looked up and nodded eagerly. "Anything for you Ally," he said sweetly. Ally felt a sudden pain in her heart when she realized Cavan had said that to her just the other night, but in less of a sweet manor. She brushed it off trying to focus on what was important now, Harry. She got in the car and before they knew it she was at the local convenient store and she hopped out. "See you soon!" she called as she walked away.

~

Ally walked the rest of the way home as she entered the front door. It was 7:30 and she needed to get everything together quickly. She rushed around grabbing her things and tossing her things in her Victoria's secret bag and running to her car. She pulled up to Dinah's right on time and looked around, seeing 3 other cars surrounding the house. She got out confused and walked to the front door. She put her hand up to knock but someone had already opened the door. She heard a screech as arms tightly wrapped around her arms and held her in. Ally laughed as she realized it was Dinah. Ally opened her mouth to say something but Dinah had already begun to speak, "WELCOME!!!! To the best slumber party you will ever, EVER be to. Please come in." Ally walked in and began to look around. Clothes were scattered and bowls of food were all around her. She heard music blasting from the surround system and saw 4 boxes of half eaten pizza sitting on the dining room table. She laughed as she heard a voice from the kitchen yell, "DINAH YOU HAVE NO FOOD." Ally walked in to see Camila and Lauren rummaging through the refrigerator. They heard her and turned around and looked at her with a guilty look. Lauren sighed as if in relief, "Oh, it's only you! We thought it was Dinah!" "Praise Jesus. HALLELUGIAH. Peace and blessins'," she heard Camila say loudly. Ally laughed confused. Lauren wisped around, "Sorry she's a weirdo." Camila and Lauren looked at each other simultaneously and laughed. Camila looked at Ally seriously suddenly, "Ally, we actually really need to talk to you about something." Camila gently lifted Ally's arm and led her to a room that had no music playing. "Ally, we really got off on the wrong foot and I'm really sorry that it happened that way. Sarah can just be really mean and jealous sometimes, but I promise I will never let her hurt you. For some reason, I feel like I've known you for years and just want to be your friend. And Camila feels the same way and we really are sorry. Will you forgive us?" Lauren asked. Ally grinned widely, "Of course I can forgive you! Y'all are so sweet!" Ally said happily as she engulfed the girls in a hug. She heard the two girls giggle. The three girls walked out together hand-in-hand and made their way back to the living room. Ally picked her eyes up from the ground and saw a girl sitting on the couch. The girl looked up from her phone and her shiny black hair looked like silk as it fell in front of her face. The girl smiled a perfect, white smile and stood up. She stuck out her hand and spoke, "Hi! I'm Normani!" Ally met the girl's hand and said, "I'm Ally!" Normani smiled, "Oh, Ally. I know who you are! I've been waiting to meet you! Hope that doesn't sound creepy or anything," the girl trailed off nervously. "Yeah creepy with a 'K'!" The girls looked at her oddly as they all burst out laughing at Ally's childish joke. Camila rested her hand on Ally's shoulder, "Trust me, we are laughing with you, not at you." Ally laughed along side them, realizing this was the happiest she'd been for a while. There was certain warmth about each girl that made her feel as if they were connected. She felt as though she could be herself around them. Demi Lovato's "Skyscraper" came on the stereo. Dinah sighed, "Hold on! I'll get up again to turn it off. I know it's to slow, hold on." Ally watched Dinah get up and called, "Wait! Leave this on. I love this song." Ally began to sing along perfectly in tune with Demi, even hitting notes that weren't in the song. She heard Camila join in and begin to sing acapella. Soon, Lauren, Noramni, and Dinah began to harmonize with the other 2 girls. Ally thought that they actually sounded decent. The song slowly ended and the rest of the girls stopped singing too. They all looked around at each other in silence. "Wow. We actually sound really good," she heard Lauren say. She heard the rest of the girls agree in unison. "What if we became a band?" Dinah said. All the girls looked at each other and Camila and Lauren began to laugh; Normani joined in. Dinah looked around confused and began to laugh along. "Good joke Dinah!" Camila said. "Yeah that'd so not cool with a capital 'K'!" Ally added. The girls stopped laughing and looked at each other and began cracking up once again. Ally began to laugh too and looked up at the ceiling, realizing how happy she was.