Chapter 37- This Is It

Ally’s POV

My eyes fluttered open as I came back to reality slowly. I turned my head seeing Cavan’s figure lying next to mine. I went to turn to my side, but realized I was restricted by Cavan’s arm cradled around me. I giggled quietly and turned my face to him. I gently placed my lips to the tip of his nose, feeling his warm breath. “Wake up sunshine.” I whispered. A small groan emitted from his lips as I whispered to him once again. “Wake up baby.” I said again. I watched his eyes slowly open and turn his head towards me. “Good morning beautiful.” He spoke. He slowly dethatched himself from me, finally releasing me to stretch out. “You’re so beautiful.” He said in his raspy morning voice. I felt my cheeks turn pink as I smiled at him. “I love you Cavan.” I said. “I love you too.” He answered, placing a gentle kiss on my lips. “So how about we grab some breakfast and head on home?” He proposed. “Sounds marvelous.” I said with a small smile.

~

After eating breakfast and dropping me off, it felt good to be home. I grabbed my laptop and aimlessly scrolled through twitter, checking the X Factor page. I knew they were coming to Malibu any day now and I had honestly considered auditioning. I picked up my iPhone and quickly dialed Lauren. “Hello?” The cute voice said from the other line. “Hey! I just wanted to talk to you for a quick minute!” I said. “Yeah! What’s up?” She asked. “So… I wanted to say thank you for telling me to choose Cavan. It’s honestly the best advice you could have ever given me. We are no doubt in love.” I said, laughing slightly. “In fact last night…” I began, trailing off. “Oh. My. God. Ally. ARE YOU KIDDING?” She asked anxious. “No!” I said back nervously. “OH MY GOD!!! I’M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! You two are perfect for each other, absolutely perfect. Wow. I’m actually so happy for you Ally!” Lauren said excited. “Thank you so much Lauren! It’s really all thanks to you though! Anyway, in other news, I was just scrolling through twitter and the X Factor auditions are starting really tomorrow and the second place they are coming to Malibu on Wednesday. I really want to go.” I said nervously. “Yeah, Ally, that’s amazing! You are so incredibly talented and that is such an amazing opportunity for you!” She said encouragingly. “Well… I was wondering if maybe all five of us could go?” I said. The other line went quiet as I awaited a response. “Uhm. You know what… yeah. That’d be pretty cool! I’m down with that!” She said. “Thank goodness! I’m so excited!” I told her.

~

Wednesday

I had practiced for days, even weeks for this one moment that was about to happen. I glanced at my clock, realizing it was five in the morning. I quickly got up and brushed through my long brown hair. I put on a gray hat and a pink sweater, pulling my gray high-waisted shorts up. I applied my make up and rubbed my lipstick in, hearing my phone vibrate. “I’m here babe. X” From: Cavan. I grabbed the last of my things and darted down to his car. The whole ride there I practiced the song I would be singing, On My Knees by one of my favorite artsists Jaci Velasquez. “You’re going to be great babe.” Cavan said reassuringly, placing his hand on my upper thigh. I nodded, continuing to sing. As we pulled up to the large stadium, I was anxious to get out. Although it was only six thirty in the morning, the line was already out the door. “Ally!!” I heard a familiar voice call. “Ally over here!” I heard again. I turned around, seeing Lauren, Camila, Dinah, and Normani already standing together. “Hey girls!” I said, kissing each of them on the cheek. Cavan kept close behind me, squeezing my butt discreetly. I giggled quietly and turned around, placing a quick kiss on his soft lips. “Can you guys stop being so damn cute?” Camila asked. I blushed slightly as I looked up at Cavan. “So are you guys ready for this?” I asked. “Oh my God no.” Normani answered quickly. “Yeah, I’m so nervous that I’m shaking.” Lauren added. “Well if it makes you feel any better, Ally wouldn’t stop singing the whole way here!” Cavan exclaimed. “Oh shut up, you loved it.” I said. We made our way over to the long line, entering each of our names individually. Time seemed to pass quickly as we finally reached the indoor entrance. We all practiced together, critiquing each other. I nervously glanced at Cavan throughout the rehearsals, him giving me a reassuring look each time. Half way through the tenth run through I stopped. “I’m just going to go talk to Cavan.” I said, walking towards him. His large figure was sitting in a chair, as he watched me make my way over to him. “Hey babe.” He said, placing a kiss to my lips. I sat down next to him, laying me head on his shoulder. His large arm wrapped around my waist, pulling my closer. “I’m nervous.” I said. “Aw Ally. Look at me.” He said, pulling my chin up. “You are so, so beautiful and you are an amazing singer. You are going to nail this performance. There is no way these judges will say no to you because you are just so naturally perfect. You hear me? You are going to be amazing. I love you.” He answered, kissing me for longer then expected. “Thank you Cavan. You always know how to make me feel better.” I said. “That’s because you’re my little AllyCat.” He said with a wink. We sat together in silence for another hour or so as he held me close to him. “Ally Brooke Hernandez?” An unfamiliar voice called. “Ally Brooke Hernandez? Number 4465487?” The voice called again. I quickly glanced down at my number tag on my shirt, realizing they were calling me. Lauren, Camila, Normani, and Dinah all gave me thumbs up as I walked towards the woman calling my name. “Hi Ally, they’re ready for you backstage.” She said with a smile. I nodded my head in silence as I quickly glanced back at Cavan, who blew me a quick kiss.  I checked my phone seeing a message from Cavan. From Cavan: “Hey baby. They wouldn’t let me come back there with you so look for me in the audience okay? You are going to be so amazing and don’t forget I love you forever. Make me proud. X” I smiled at the heartfelt message. I shook my hands by my sides, quickly rehearsing the song once again. The woman handed me a microphone and I realized what I was actually about to do. Adrenaline rushed through me as I placed my left foot on the step, hoisting my self up. “And next welcome Miss Ally Brooke Hernandez.” I listened as the crowd erupted with cheers and claps. I felt a numbness rush through me. I was shaking with adranline and nerves as I heard my heels click-clacking beneath me. I glanced out at the dimly lit audience, seeing Cavan immeditatly. I walked my way to center stage. This is the moment I had dreamt of my entire life. This is my time to show who I really am inside. This is it.