Chapter 27- Dream

Chapter 27

CAVAN’S POV

“Do it Cavan. Kiss me.” I heard Ally whisper into my ear. My heart quickly picked up speed. I needed to act fast but the truth is I was scared. I couldn’t handle being rejected by Ally once more. I felt her warm breath on my neck as I carefully leaned in and gently placed my lips against hers. The kiss wasn’t messy or rushed; it was exactly how I wanted our first kiss to be. I had realized how many hints Ally had been dropping tonight, but I really didn’t want to read too much into them. I felt her grip my hair with her small fingers as I hoisted her up. She wrapped her legs around my hips as her back pressed to the tree. I moved my hand down to her butt, squeezing it gently. I heard Ally moan softly as we continued to kiss. She removed her lips from mine and left soft kisses down my neck as I tilted my head to the side in pleasure. She stopped and looked me in the eyes. She was so beautiful. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of brown and her lips were plump and pink. Her cheekbones were visible and light pink danced over them. Her eyelashes were dark and long and accented her face even more. I watched her lips grow into a smile as she pressed them to mine again. I smiled through the kiss as she continued to pull at my hair. I was the first to pull away this time, just wanting to admire her beauty. She smiled at me once again and I smiled back. I gently placed her back on her feet as my height towered over her once again. “What was that for?” I asked. I watched as her cheeks turned a shade of red as she looked up at me. “For being you.” She answered with a shy smile. I felt my smile grow wider as my cheeks became hot. I watched her quickly walk ahead and I reached my arms out easily and pulled her back into me. Her back was pressed into my front as I felt her snuggle up and laugh. I released her as she moved to stand next to me and intertwined her small hand within my larger one. “I have an idea.” I said. “What is it?” I heard her ask. I began to run with her hand still in mine as her smaller legs tried to keep up with me and we ran to our new location.

~

ALLY’S POV

My breathing was heavy as my feet hit the cool sand. The sun was setting just over the horizon. The deep orange color electrified the sky along with the accents of pink and purple. Light blue still accompanied the sky from earlier in the afternoon. The waves had become calm as they gently landed on the wet sand and were pulled back into the ocean once again. That was one thing I learned to love about Malibu; even though it was only October, the weather was still warm. I breathed in the air as sea salt instantly filled my nose. I closed my eyes as I heard the waves quietly land amongst the sand and go back in as I felt a pair of warm lips met mine. I smiled and wrapped my arms around Cavan’s neck. He pulled away and I slowly opened my eyes as his golden ones stared into mine. He took my hand and led me to a place on the sand. We were just far enough away where the waves couldn’t reach our whole body, but close enough for our feet to get wet. The cool water on my bare feet sent tingles through my body. Cavan’s long arm reached across my shoulders as I snuggled my face into the crook of his arm. He rested his head on top of mine as he nuzzled it gently. I sighed in content. No words were said; but it was perfect that way. This date had gone so much more successful then I had ever imagined. I had finally opened up to Cavan and let him come in. For a first date, everything had gone better then planned. I was so nervous coming into it, but Cavan was so easy to talk to and get along with. We had been friends for so long I had been blind to how well he could really treat me. He squeezed his arm tighter around my shoulders in attempt to hug me. We watched as the sun slowly set in silence. The moment was so perfect. I never wanted it to end. Before I had realized, it was dark out. I felt Cavan remove his arm and lay down next to me. I joined him and curled up into a ball. “Are you cold?” his sweet voice asked. “Only a little, but I’m fine.” I said as convincingly as possible. Before I knew it, Cavan’s shirt was wrapped around me. He hadn’t worn a jacket so he laid the shirt over me, as he lay back down, shirtless. “Cavan you really don’t have to, you’re going to be freezing!” I said. “Don’t worry Ally, I’m always hot.” He responded with a wink. I giggled as he laughed along with me. I moved in closer to him as he wrapped his arm around me once again and I placed my head on his chest. We looked up at the sky, full of stars as I took in the situation around me. “So are you happy you came?” I heard him ask, interrupting my thoughts. “No,” I said with strong humor. I felt him laugh beneath me and felt the sound erupting throughout his body. “Fine then.” He said removing his arms. He rolled over to the other side with his back facing me. I smiled as I took my hand and wrapped it around his should shaking him. “C’mon Cavan! You know I was only joking!” I said as I laughed. He didn’t respond, clearly wanting me to keep taunting him. “No, no it’s okay Ally.” He said, playing along. I continued to shake him, as he didn’t respond, I could tell he was smiling throughout the whole thing. “It’s okay Ally. I’ll just go.” He said turning on his back facing the stars again. He pressed his hand into the ground, pretending to get up, his arm muscles flexing as he did so. I quickly wrapped my leg around his side, straddling him. He laughed as I felt his warm hands wrap around my hips. “Feisty.” He said. I winked at him, as his smile grew larger. I leaned down and pecked his soft lips. I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I pulled it out, still straddling him, realizing what time it was. From: Mom “Allyson Brooke Hernandez if your little butt isn’t in my house in the next 30 minutes you’re going to be locked in that bedroom for 2 weeks.” I laughed as I quickly responded with “On the way mama!” And shut my phone focusing my attention back on Cavan. “Who was that?” he asked. “My mom. She says I need to be home in 30 minutes, it’s already 11:30!” I said. “Shit Ally, I’m really sorry I totally lost track of the time.” He said apologizing. I carefully caressed his cheek. “Cavan you have nothing to be sorry for.” I said with a smile. I gently removed myself from him and stood up, brushing the sand off of my clothes. “You missed a spot.” He said as he brushed my butt. I playfully punched him as we laughed. He took my hand once again as we walked back to his car.

~

I unbuckled my seatbelt as I picked up my bag and watched as Cavan stopped the car. “Thanks for the ride!” I said. “Yeah. No problem.” He said with a smile. He quickly got out of the car and walked over, opening my door for me. I graciously smiled at him as I got out. “Thank you sir.” I said with a wink. “You’re so welcome Madame.” He answered, placing a gentle kiss on my hand. We walked to my door as I turned my attention toward him and locked his gaze to mine. “Bye Ally.” He said. “Bye Cavan.” I heard myself answer. He carefully pressed his warm lips to mine. Once he pulled away, I watched his smile grow. “I had fun tonight.” I said smiling. “Yeah. It was mediocre.” He answered with a smile. I playfully punched him as he pretended to wince in pain. He placed a light kiss on my cheek as he turned to go. “I’ll see you Monday!” I called to him. “Can’t wait!” He said with a wave. I watched him get in his car and drive away as I giggled to myself. I had my back against the wall as I titled my head back and slid down to the ground. I smiled to myself thinking of all that happened tonight. My thoughts were quickly interrupted as I heard the screen door squeak open. “Get your ass in this house!” I heard my mom yell jokingly. I laughed easily as I pulled her in for a tight hug. “Coming mom.” I answered with a smile.