Chapter 19- Broken

Cavan brushed his cheek, wiping away his own tear. He gently shook Ally’s shoulder, getting her to look at him. “Ally, we should probably get going,” he said easily. Ally just nodded. They walked out together hand in hand.

~

The car ride back to Ally’s was silent. She stared out the window the whole time as tears gently fell from her eyes. Winter was quickly approaching and the weather had dropped to the fifties. It was never like this in San Antonio, which caused her to be even more homesick. If she didn’t move, none of this would be happening right now. Ally felt numb. She had no feeling. Her heart was broken. She had never been in this much pain before. She loved Harry. But, now, he didn’t even know her name. Cavan stopped in front of Ally’s house and turned off the car. He opened his door and walked over to the passenger side. He opened the door and picked her up in his arms. He held her like a child, cradled in his arms, and carried her into the house. He went up the stairs to her bedroom and laid her down on the bed. He looked down at her sadly as she continued to weep. He turned to go. “Please don’t leave me,” Ally managed to whisper. He turned around and lay down next to her. They were facing each other as Ally stopped crying. She looked at him with red eyes. She leaned in and put her lips against his. He kissed her back, hesitating. Cavan pulled away quickly. “Ally, you know I can’t. You know I like you too much to hurt you any more. You love Harry and you are not thinking clearly right now. I would, but I know you don’t mean it,” Cavan explained to her. Ally nodded. “You can go, Cavan,” she said calmly. He opened his mouth to say something, but got up and left. She heard his car begin to start as he slowly drove away, and she cried once again.

~

Cavan’s POV

It had been two weeks. Where was Ally? Cavan walked down the hallway as he bumped into his best friend, Jake. “Hey man,” Jake said. “Hey. I really wanna get outta here,” Cavan said back. “Wow. You really wanna leave early today! It’s only second period. But I’m down,” he said in response. Cavan nodded and headed toward the exit with Jake behind him. They both got in Cavan’s car and drove to the local park. Cavan quickly got out and Jake walked next to him. Cavan sat down on the bench, and rested his elbows on his knees. He cupped his forehead with the palm of his hand and stared at the ground. He heard Jake saying something in the background. “Are you okay man? You’ve been really distant lately,” Jake said pulling out a cigarette. Cavan looked at him and put his hand out, wanting a cigarette. Jake reluctantly handed him one. “I don’t know man. It’s Ally. I’m really worried about her. She hasn’t been here for two weeks. She won’t answer her phone or anything and I don’t know,” Cavan said. Jake looked at him. “It’s weird that you care so much about her. For all the years that I’ve known you, you’ve never acted like this about a girl,” Jake said. “It’s just something about her. She’s so different. I know that sounds really cheesy and pathetic, but she’s just really done something to me. But she’ll never want my anyway because she’s in love with Harry,” Cavan explained drearily. “Harry Styles? Wow. Can’t believe you’re loosing to that faggot!” Jake said. Cavan and Jake laughed for a little until reality hit Cavan again. “I gotta go to her house and see if she’s okay. I can’t live normally without knowing she’s okay,” Cavan said. Jake pulled out a joint. “You go man. You go. Just don’t forget to pick me up. I’ll be here smoking for a little and just come get me when you’re done,” Jake said, attempting to get a flame from his lighter. Cavan laughed as he darted for his car.

~

Cavan ran to Ally’s door and pounded on the wood. No answer. Cavan tried the handle, realizing the door was unlocked. He quietly walked inside and heard no noise. “Ally!” He shouted. He heard no response. He listened closely and heard a light dripping of water coming from Ally’s bathroom. He skipped steps as he quickly made his way to the room. He opened the door and saw Ally sitting on the floor. Tears were running down her cheeks and little pills were scattered across the floor. “Oh my God, Ally what are you doing?” Cavan yelled. Ally just shook her head. “Did you try and hurt yourself Ally? Did you just try and kill yourself?” Cavan continued to shout. Ally shook her head no. “I was just getting some Advil and it spilled everywhere it’s not what it looks like,” she choked out. Cavan walked to her, grabbing her hands and pulling her up. Ally looked at him with tear-filled eyes. Ally’s face appeared to have sunk in and more bones were visible than before. “Have you lost weight?” Cavan asked. Ally nodded her head. Cavan carefully picked up Ally’s shirt until her ribs were showing. Her bones were clearly visible. “I haven’t been eating,” Ally explained. “But I’m not hungry. For anything,” she said with a weak smile. “Ally we need to get you help now,” Cavan said urgently. “I don’t need help Cavan. Why fix me when I’m beyond care? I’m too broken,” Ally said sadly. Cavan shook his head. “No Ally. You’re not just hurting yourself, you’re hurting everyone around you,” he explained. Ally smiled at him, clearly missing the point he was trying to make. He watched as her eyes slowly closed and she fainted into his arms.  

SO YES THAT'S CHAPTER 19. Sorry it's kind of slow I promise you'll love chapter 20. I will be posting chapter 20 this week because i am on winter break! I hope you liked chapter 19 and thank you so so much to everyoone that has been keeping up with the story! Spread the word and I hope you like it! Feel free to leave comments telling me feedback or tweet me at: @FiveHarmonies I love hearing what you guys think! :)