Chapter 14

Nicholas

Pack Alphas from our neighbor packs greeted me and gave congratulations on my mating. I was mingling fine with other wolves between me and my mate which wasn't easy. I finally met my mate and had the opportunity to be close to him but I still must wait for everything to calm down. The after-party will be taking place soon and we can hang around our friend before we'll take off with our mate and love him endlessly. 

I looked at Percy who was with his parents and felt mesmerized by his beauty. His coat was a beautiful light brown with his ear being black. He was smaller than most wolves but that doesn't change anything, it just makes me want to protect him even more. His voice sounded so sweet and gentle, it made my whole body shiver under his control. Just as I locked eyes with my mate, I knew he will be my first priority, always. I saw papa move towards him and turned my attention to my friends. They were goofing around with Slyver, growling, and yelping, playing like pups.  

Suddenly, I felt pain and panic brew inside of me and my legs found their way to our mate. Percy was on the ground whimpering and twitching. 

"Percy! What's happening?" I asked through our link, my voice sounded so scared and weak, it took me by surprise. 

I was met with silence. Our link is somehow blocked and it feels like Percy is lost somewhere. My chest tightened and dread spread all over my body. I could see my parents and Percy's family move forward.

I growled with all I had and snapped my canines to everyone who was near my mate. Concerned looks were thrown at us as I pushed my face in my mate's neck, trying to communicate.

'Let me out, Nic.' Ivan said and I felt that his emotions were similar to mine. 

'No! I can't protect him like that.'I growled and hissed at my other half. Just the thought of handing my mate to someone else in that state sent me in fury. I'm the only one who can protect my mate. Even if he is Ivan, I'm reluctant to give him control since I know my form is the strongest.

'Give me control, Nic. There are so many warriors surrounding us, not to mention dad is here. Our mate will be safe so let me out so I can communicate with him verbally.' My instincts didn't agree with what Ivan was saying but thinking logically, I knew he was right.

'Okay.' With that, I hesitantly gave control to Ivan.

Ivan

Instead of four, I was standing on two legs with no clothes on. I didn't care about the lack of clothes covering my body and instantly kneeled beside my mate's form.

"Hey, baby." I ran my fingers in Karter's fur. "Talk to me, tell me how to help you." I looked towards the Elders and my dad pleadingly when he kept his eyes close and continues to whimper in pain. "Help me." I have never felt so vulnerable in my life and right now all of my pack could see me in this state. Showing any weakness to others isn't 'suitable' for a Pack Alpha but I didn't care about it since seeing my mate in this condition is worrisome already. 

I allowed a pack doctor to check my mate and calmed Nic so he wouldn't take control through force. My wolf was pacing around and growling regularly. It is hard enough for us that something interrupted our mating ceremony but seeing our mate hurt isn't doing us any good.

Just as the doctor was going to touch my mate, Karter's body trembled furiously before raising from the ground. He was slowly floating in the air as I fell back in shock. I noticed the whimpering has stopped completely and my mate's form is starting to change. I heard Karter's mother and my Papa gasp but my eyes couldn't leave from Karter. It didn't look like he was changing to his human body as the fur didn't disappear. His wolf was becoming bigger and bigger in seconds and in no time, the color of his fur turned white. My body was unable to move as I tried to comprehend what was happening. Nothing was making sense but the concern for our mate.