Chapter 46

This chapter is dedicated to DoreenHall. Thank you for voting, love!

A/N: EXTRA chapter in between the depressing ones. Have fun! -Meeri.

"Hey, my love. Do you think you can spare me some time today? I want to take you somewhere." Ivan came up and hugged Karter's waist distracting him from the dishes he was washing. Karter, now distracted from his regular ritual for stress relieving, turned to Ivan and gave him a look. He narrowed his eyes and said with a suspicious tone.

"Are you in trouble? Because if I'm not wrong we spend every moment of the day together. What more do you want?" 

"Wow. I just wanted to take the love of my life to a loving date, instead, I get this scrutiny for expressing my love by the said mate. Stop doubting me, or I'll get hurt." He said whiningly and kissed Karter's forehead. He hugged the Omega close to him, feeling comforted and complete. They have been so busy that even sleeping and waking up together was not enough. Karter hummed to himself and hugged his Alpha back, rocking their bodies together they stayed like that for 5 minutes, before Karter remembered his task at hand. 

"Okay, we can go." He smiled to himself. His mate was such a kid sometimes. "Now let me finish my work and you go deal with Alex, he's been bugging you about some issues he's having about the pack." Karter tried to pull Ivan off of him and push him towards the door. With some resistance, Ivan finally accepted his fate and let go of his mate.

"Is there a time when he doesn't need me? At this point, I'm suspecting he has a secret crush on me." Ivan grumbled, opened the fridge, and grabbed an apple. Karter laughed at his absurd thought process, shook his head, and went back to washing the dishes. Ivan smiled and went to the Omega to give him a strong peck on his cheek. 

"I'll be back at 6 so be ready. Wear something sexy under." He whispered and blew in his ear, causing the boy to laugh and shove him back. 

"Go now!" Karter shouted and blew him a kiss. He loved his mate to death but sometimes he was even harder to take care of than a child, well not that he minded, he loved every part of him. Even the annoying ones. After putting away the clean dishes, Karter put the laundry for washing and started on lunch. He wanted to make a light lunch, more like a snack box, for Ivan. He couldn't wait to see his reaction.

He told Sofia to take the day off as he was home all day and wanted to spend some time alone doing mundane, everyday things. He decided to make chocolate bark with peppermints, candy, and sprinkles, some coffee-flavored cookies, and some fun skewers with salted sticks, salami, cheese, and prosciutto. He packed the box with all of them and added some packed snacks he got from the supermarket.

After finishing the snack box, Karter hopped in the shower to get ready. He didn't know what Ivan had planned for today but he was excited nonetheless. Quickly washing his body, he got out of the shower and put on a fuzzy, pink crop top with long sleeves and tight, distressed jeans with his white Dr. Martens platforms. After checking his appearance and wearing some gold accessories, he picked up the snack pack and left for Ivan's office. 

Knock knock.

"Come in, Kar." Ivan voiced from his office and when he opened the door, he saw a sight for sore eyes. Ivan with the sleeves of his black button-up shirt rolled up, and his silver glasses looked up and smiled, making Karter swoon on the spot. Ivan's office had a bathroom and a small closet for him to change quickly for urgent meetings and pack visits. 

"Tone it down sexy or I'll have no choice but to pin you against the wall, and take you right here." Karter flirted with his sultry voice. He showed Ivan the box and smirked at him.