Chapter 32

This chappie is dedicated to PeaLundqvist for voting on all of the chapters, thank you!

(The chapter got a little delayed because I had to find character references and get a second opinion on a few things)

It's been a day since Killian woke up and everyone is freaking out, to say the least. The pack members were very anxious about the whole attack so this good news was a breath of relief for them. Lucas and William were staying with him as he recovered slowly and refuse to leave his side. Ivan was grateful for that since he had no time to do anything but have attend several meetings a day about The Council matter. Both Ivan and Alex silently agreed to ignore their personal issues and threw themselves into the work.

Currently, Karter was being taught about the layout of the headquarters. They were taking extreme measures to ensure their safety and that included the escape plan in case The Council strongly 'pursue' to reveal some information. Ivan had already memorized it and was talking to an ex Council member. Robert Sullen told them to go along with their system while still keeping up their own plan. He advised that he should take an Elder or two with them as representatives and advisors. Saying it would be wise if someone experienced would handle the hard conversations.

Both leaders had spent all day in the office and arrived at their home with dragging feet and fatigued bodies. When they got settled in their room, freshly showered, Ivan brought up the topic. 

"I visit the pack schools and universities twice a year for either a lecture or a speech." He told his mate as he wrapped his arms around Karter's frame.  "I'm scheduled for that tomorrow and the day after tomorrow."

"I remember you came to my high school when I was 14." Karter perked up in interest and grinned at his mate. 

"Urgh." Ivan made a face at that. "How old was I then?" He wondered out loud quietly. 

"22." Karter giggled at his reaction as Ivan frowned uncharacteristically. 

"14 and 22.... that's... that's disturbing." 

"No it's not. I mean, it would have been then but I'm 21 now. A complete  adult." Karter sternly said and looked at Ivan with hard eyes. 

"Of course, and don't get me wrong. I don't think about our age gap often unless it's regarding you know... the difference between our interests and..." He trailed off and stared at the ceiling. "Response to certain things, if it makes sense." He looked at Karter again. 

"I understand. But our age gap isn't that peculiar. One of my uncles is 16 years younger than his mate." Karter revealed.

"Of course, I know our case isn't dramatic at all but you know, it's just... it takes a little longer to align our thought." Ivan slowly and carefully said. 

"So, you would have preferred that I was your age?" Karter raised his eyebrow. His wolf slightly whimpered at the possibility but they were aware that Ivan wasn't someone who thought that way. 

"Would you have preferred if I was your age?" Ivan fired back.

"Nope."

"Well that's your answer." Ivan shrugged lightly. "I love you the way you are, no matter your age, but better if you're the mating age." He jokingly grinned. 

"Then our feelings are mutual." 

"Good." Ivan sighed and closed his eyes. "Do you want to join me for the visits tomorrow?" He asked before burying his nose in Karter's slightly wet hair. 

"I can do that?" Karter raised his head from Ivan's chest and looked at him with a surprised expression.

"Yeah, sure." Ivan shrugged.