Chapter 23

The festival/mating ceremony came to an end beautifully. After all of the four selected rituals were completed, the exhausted, elderly wolves left the ceremony. Then came the after-party. It's obvious that there was a lot of alcohol.... gallons and gallons of booze. The only werewolves that were present were over the age of 15, which is the legal drinking age. The event was made more special when Karter revealed that he had never gotten drunk. 

"What?!" Alex said, pieces of meat flying from his mouth which made everyone flinch and slap his back. "That is gonna change today." He placed the meat down and called over a few people who were walking around with buckets of alcohol.

Karter, Ivan, Alex, and Killian moved towards the stage after all of the rituals were done and called over their close friends. Karter forced Mattew to join in and Linda went back with her family. On the other hand, Ivan brought over a few of his friends who so kindly joined his mating ceremony on short notice. Other than the four wolves, the group had Mattew, Liam, and Elijah (the two are the Alphas of neighbor packs), James and Oliver (Their Betas), and four other childhood friends. The mates of Elijah and James were also present and tucked beside their partners happily. 

"Get us some whiskey as well." Alex grabbed two bottles of beer and vodka. "We'll start with beer." He poured the liquid into a glass and passed it to Karter.

(Disclaimer: I don't know shit about alcohol or how they taste. I have never drank any alcoholic beverage except some beer but that is it. I will be doing some research but there can be some errors in the accuracy so ya'll have to forgive me).

"I had a beer before." Karter said while he grabbed the glass. "Just one though. It didn't get me drunk." He gulped the content and wrinkled his nose at the bitterness. 

"Today we'll get you wasted." Alex said with a determined face as he drowned his own glass of beer. "Have some." Alex pushed the beer bottle to Ivan who was keeping an attentive eye on his mate. 

"No thank you." Ivan pushed it back immediately. "I have work tomorrow." 

"Cut the bullshit, Ivan. You just can't handle it man." Liam said as the individual poured himself some of the vodka. 

"As I said, I have work." Ivan ate his food instead. 

"Time for this." Alex poured a small amount of the clear liquid into his glass. 

"He won't like it." Ivan stepped in. 

"We don't know that yet." Alex said and urged Karter to drink with an encouraging expression.

"Can I try?" Karte asked with slight hopefulness in his voice. The Omega never had much drive to drink alcohol before but he thought that today was the perfect day to get drunk. 

"If you truly want to, love. But I think you won't like it, it doesn't taste any good." Ivan said, clearly displaying his opinion on the object.

"I want to try." Karter said. 

"Go for it then." Ivan smiled and Karter did. He gulped down all of the liquid in one go.

They gave Karter all of their attention, looking forward to his response to the drink. They watched his nose scrunched as his eyes wrinkled. Karter placed the glass down and shook his head. 

"That burns." Karter placed a hand on his neck and shivered visibly. 

"So, do you like it?" Alex asked.

"Um.." Karter twirled the glass. "Yeah, I liked it I guess." He pushed the glass towards Alex who happily poured some more. 

Ivan watched his mate with an amused expression as he watched him so for another shot. "At least have one shot." Alex said while he tried to pour the liquid into Ivan's empty glass.